Model Cars Magazine Forum

1934 Ford 5 window

roadhawg

I'm not that much of a street rod builder, but I got this AMT 34 a few years ago in a trade. It was missing a bunch of parts, and I originally intended to pitch it all in the parts box, but I decided to give it a shot. I built it as a street rod you might see in 1965. Oh, it's still missing a few parts, but it looks ok from a few feet away.

Paint is Duplicolor gold, and the pinstriping is done by hand. Thanks for lookin'!

1-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-4.jpg

I built it as a street rod you might see in 1965. Oh, it's still missing a few parts, but it looks ok from a few feet away.

Paint is Duplicolor gold, and the pinstriping is done by hand. Thanks for lookin'!

Tommy

Nice job, and I can assure you there were darn few Rods at Bob's Big Boy on Van Nuys Blvd back then that looked that good!

Ed

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone! Lee, I'm not sure where those tires are from, I THINK the rear ones are from a Monogram kit of some kind. The whitewalls were sprayed on with acrylic paint through a circle template.

Thanks again, everyone. Maybe I'll try some more 60s era rods.

note -I've admired that '34 5 window everytime I've been over to Tommy's house, and it looks as good in person as it does in the photos he posted. And, I never noticed any missing parts on it, either!)

hey Tommy - don't forget the mild-custom 'Jimmie Vaughn/Steve Stanford style' early '60s Cadillac you're going to do next. Or, will it be the hot-rodded (Revell) Austin-Healey 100-6? And, way back when you had talked about doing a chopped '32 5-window sorta like Milner's (but not using the out of proportion AMT kit). And, there's that Shelby-ized, '55, '56, or '57 T-Bird that I challenged you to build. One more thing - you still have to finish the chopped VW Bug I gave you last year, too.

If you'd just wrap up the P-51 and those helicopters, you might get some hot rods built! lol

Bill

Thanks, Bill.......It's bout time you show up here! You'll fit right in.

Well, for starters, the drivers door handle is missing, as is the radiator cap thingie.....lol!

... Or, will it be the hot-rodded (Revell) Austin-Healey 100-6? And, way back when you had talked about doing a chopped '32 5-window sorta like Milner's (but not using the out of proportion AMT kit).

Noooooo...that Austin is gonna be built stock. And about that 32, I'm waiting on the new Revell 5-window kit for that one......and looking forward to it!

And, there's that Shelby-ized, '55, '56, or '57 T-Bird that I challenged you to build. One more thing - you still have to finish the chopped VW Bug I gave you last year, too. If you'd just wrap up the P-51 and those helicopters, you might get some hot rods built! lol

Oh, crud....I forgot about that Bug. And its only 2 helicopters.....or 3. :rolleyes: