Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 MUSTANG PRO MOD..updates 06/30/14

tyrone

Thanks alot fellas for the kind words.... well the ice storm is outta here, we were without power for most of the day today.. put I still managed to get alot done had plenty of light and my play list on my phone to keep me going....lol..... I got the engine all sanded down and cleaned up, here's a few mock up pics..... thanks for looking and comments welcome.....

97079727-a920-421b-8055-c0fc4ff30ef7.jpg

t-dog032.jpg

t-dog033.jpg

t-dog034.jpg

Is building models your job? In another post (63 promod vette) you state you can't paint because of the weather, so you start another project!! I'll be doggone if I could even do in a year what you do in a day...I must have A.D.D. or something. Too many distractions (work), but I must say that you do some really fine work...I can only dream. Keep up the great scale model work...I don't know how you do it. We just got 21" of snow along with sleet and freezing rain up here and it takes me hours to clear it off my drive and walks, so much for model time.

Tyrone:

You said you were open to comments and q's, so I hope you can/will respond. I've seen a lot of your work here, along with Brent and been really amazed. I'm still at the "build from the box" and "detail with Teds" stage. Do you ever intend to make and sell blueprints or step by step instructions on how to measure length/width/heigth/wheelbase required for the styrene chassis build?

On a related note, I intend to use one of the RGE pro mod engines in an alteration to the original Revell Soff Seal '57 Chevy as I'm a little burnt out on twin carb pro street/pro sportsman builds right now. What's your opinion on the craftsmanship of the engine kits? I kinda talked Ted (or reassured him) that the upper end pro mod types would sell. I intend on using that shrink wrap type carbon fibre on my blower hat, at least if I don't screw it up and as much detailing as I can muster.

Thanks for your time, Mitch

Rrrrrumps.... I have a full time job... I actually work 10 1/2 hours a day.. so when I get home if I'm able to spend a hour or two at the bench to kinda unwind I really enjoy it.. when time permits.. I usually end up with more than one project going at once because I'll have so many ideas in my head that I have to start something.. It also helps me not to get burned out on one specific build.... thanks for checking in and I'm glad you like my work..... :D

Mitch.... thanks for the kind words ... as far as selling blue prints... the way I build is a little different from most... I don't use a chassis jig.. I start with the floor and work my way up from there... they are pretty close imop... but nowhere near perfect...... as for the RG engines they are pretty nice, you have to sand the pieces that will be glued together with some coarse sandpaper on a flat surface to ensure that they are nice and flat... hope this helps.. any questions please ask....

What's up fellas... I've been working on the firewall for this one....It's made out of 6 pieces of sheet styrene... I still nee to add the top piece that will run up to the bottom of the front glass...I also added the front bars to mount the front struts... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

008.jpg

008-1.jpg

007.jpg

Edited by tyrone

• 2 weeks later...

Alright fellas... I've been making some progress on this one... I got the drivers floor area done.. I went ahead and opened the doors.. and I got the rear end mocked up in the car .. I used 4 link mounts from dirt modeler, and the 4 link bars and the rear coil overs are from futturattraction... I also got the top part of the firewall finshed up... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

015.jpg

016.jpg

017-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

031.jpg

tyrone, looks killer dude! hey, before you put that blown hemi in there i thought i'd show you some pics of a '68 mustang they're doing down at precision chassis. maybe it will speak to you.

1497857_585148708238409_2053497675_o_zps

1486088_585148788238401_2080769081_o_zps

Edited by comp1839

looking real nice Tyrone, kind of out of your wheelhouse... a FORD?..... with a HEMI........ kidding. real nice as usual.

on a side note, you guys down south have been hammered this year with bad weather. has to bring things to a screeching halt. we have had 15+ days up here recording temps below zero. keep warm and keep building!!