Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 foot tall Titanic ship ..... or something.

Well, it came in pieces and I had to put it together.

Surfed across this on eBay where the seller had lousy photos of a couple of its parts, and I remembered vaguely how spiffy these looked in stores, so at the end of the auction when it still had 0 bidders at only $9.99 (+ $18 or so for shipping), I put one bid on it and won the auction. Came in the original Paramount Studios box which was messed up by the post office tape that stuck to the studio wording. No instructions, so it took me over 3 hours to figure out how it went together, with some assistence partway through from an internet photo of an assembled one, since I could not remember exactly what it was supposed to look like.

Titanicstandee.jpg.d92f8439cfc1ac1492e3b488c6e6959c.jpg

Edited by Russell C
got a better photo link

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2014 at 2:40 PM, unclescott58 said:

.....Is that a model your showing? Or the box the model came in?...

Legitimate question, since I'd cropped the photo above last year in such a way that basically the only things to judge the scale are the bedroom closet door hinges off to the right. This pic below shows the box it came in, the "Titanic Standee" lettering is barely readable in the upper open section of the USPS tape. Not a movie theater standee, but instead one for retail stores right when the VHS cassette was being released.

2068419377_TitanicstandeeParamountbox.jpg.ea5507d1a43437221df4d61b0772dd87.jpg

Edited by Russell C
fixed busted photo link