Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Jewel T Altered

edboys

Scott, I'm planning on being there, but this project will only be on display in-progress form. I'm trying to get it on wheels as a rolling chassis at least. If time permits I will have the driveline together and in place too, but don't count on it. See you there on Sunday.

Dave and Michael - Thanks for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

The mold for the 12-spoke wheels was successful and this is what they look like in completed form. Two halves together, twisted for the offset and these are fitted in the Revell tire without any mount surface adjustment. Some minor sanding may be done before they are glued together though.

12SpokeWheel4_zpse09debaa.jpg

12SpokeWheel5_zps93da4530.jpg

12SpokeWheel6_zps9c4fe0d9.jpg

12SpokeWheel7_zps3ed4bc43.jpg

It was nice to visit with friends again at the Heartland Nats as well as meet new ones too. Had a great time as always, lots of great looking entries and as always not enough money to purchase more of what I wanted.

Brad and Chris - all you have to do is give me shout out for some parts. Anyone who visits here on the site can inquire into what I have available.

Bill - again, good to talk to you, I always learn things from fellow modelers at these events. Our talks always get me that much closer to entertaining the thought of purchasing a lathe/mill. Your cuda is going to be killer when done!

Scott - Our discussions are always enlightening and the parts you are producing will keep me looking at your website regularly. I will be putting the parts I got from you to good use. The brackets we talked about will become a priority to me in order to get the info back to you.

In general, thanks for all the kind words from everyone who has commented.

• 1 month later...

Mark,

Love what you've got going here...the old school altered's have always been perhaps my favorite drag racing car. What was the wheelbase on this car. I've been doing some reading on some chassis info, it seemed that the old school cars were typically 105"-110". Does this jive with what you'd read?

• 1 year later...

I just got a quick look at this beauty and met with Mark today. What a treat to meet you Mark and to see your workshop, builds and progress projects. I picked up a 392 and have something in mind for the bench after my current project.

Brad... that is awesome... I can not wait to see what you have in store foe the 392 engine. I gotta say I am a little Jealous that you got to meet Mark. Hands down his resin engines are the best in the business. And he is a great guy as well.

Mark... have made any more progress on this beauty. Sure miss seeing your work my friend.

Brad... that is awesome... I can not wait to see what you have in store foe the 392 engine. I gotta say I am a little Jealous that you got to meet Mark. Hands down his resin engines are the best in the business. And he is a great guy as well.

Mark... have made any more progress on this beauty. Sure miss seeing your work my friend.

Amen to those comments... :)

It was indeed a real treat to meet with Brad. I really do need to get back on the Jewel T project. I'm very busy with engine orders right now as well as trying to finish up some new & modified parts. Some of those parts are going towards Chris Sobak's order. Scott Popham and I are collaborating on some photoetch pieces that will fit with some of the parts I offer too. Here I thought my summer would be less busy.

Mark... brad is an awesome guy and I love hanging out with him when I can. I will be here waiting for updates when you get back to the bench. I understand being busy with other projects. no rush on my engines at all. I told Mike Garland a while back to let you know that the next time he talked to you I have to get the army vega done first...lol. I think that is some great news about having some photo etch pieces to go with your engines. You know I will buy some... Lol

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I posted on this build. Made some improvements on some of the BBC engine parts. Just didn't like the valve covers I had done earlier. Here's the improved valve cover for this build. Hoping to get back to this project. Very busy updating most of my resin engines.

New%20BBC%20Valve%20Cover%206_zpssvk86hs

New%20BBC%20Valve%20Cover%207_zps0ts65g5

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, this will continue to be slow going. There are so many projects that back-burn this build.

Chris - you are so fortunate to have access to photos or better yet, could view Snake's car in person if you had the opportunity, but with the Jewel T there are no reference pix of the altered's interior or rear suspension. Even the builder, Wes Ingram, didn't take any photos while building the car and works from memory with me. I'm making a lot of decisions blind, based on common practices of those days.