Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `69 Camaro Z/28 - Burgundy, White Interior

Hawk312

Ok...so I am pummeling you guys relentlessly with these. B)

Anyway, this is for a customer who is actually buying two of these from me, possibly three. He wanted this one to be just like it would come from the factory (the other will be modified). It is a little different for me, as this is the first time I tried the white interior, which is alot of fun when you are trying to cover the molded black plastic, and when you are dealing with super messy black flocking that is attracted to the white painted seats. This is also my first burgandy car, which was mixed using the paint code from `69 and is PPG laquer this time. This is also the first time I used the body color bumper.

As usual, period correct window sticker, chassis markings, firewall markings, "text" on hoses and wires, brake lines, painted wood grain detail, etc....

Also, this person wanted a motor city license plate, which is why I chose Michigan for the license plate (correct `69) and made it a personalized custom plate for him.

Since I will be shipping this cross-country, some of the chrome pieces (mirrors, door handles, etc)will be shipped separately, which is why they are not installed.

Let me know what you think.

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished7.jpg

finished6.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished4.jpg

finishedengine2.jpg

finishedengine.jpg

whiteinterior.jpg

Another score!for you hawk! Great looking build of this kit. We gotta meet up!

Thanks again! I`ve seen your incredible work on these kits as well, so i really do appreciate the compliments! Since it looks like I may have some major free time in the future with the way things are going, you will have to let me know when you guys are meeting up again. I want to make one of these meets!

• 2 years later...

Thanks again guys!

So, when are you doing a Frost Green version?

B)

As soon as they make it available in a spray. :D Actually, I was debating trying a Rallye Green one, since that is available. It`s hard to believe they had so many metallic green shades available in that year. I was also debating doing a brown one, which would really be different.