Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Completed* 1970 Toyota Celica 1600GT

Ajay

Made a start on this one which is the Hasegawa kit - it's going to be OOB except for Aoshima SSR Mk 3 rims & Stretchwall tyres with lowered suspension. Because of the width of the rear tyres I've had to cut out the rear wheelarches which means I've lost the rear suspension attaching points - it won't be a problem as I'll be using brass rod for the rear axle. Paint is Citroen Posidion Blue metallic.

Thanks for looking.

70celica.jpg

70celica1.jpg

ps/ sorry the pics are a bit dark

Cheers

Andy

When you can find it, Aoshima has a liftback kit. That is what I just won off of Ebay. This is the second time I got one off of the bay. The first time the kit never showed up. The only thing needed to make it US spec is to change the dash board and interior

When you can find it, Aoshima has a liftback kit. That is what I just won off of Ebay. This is the second time I got one off of the bay. The first time the kit never showed up. The only thing needed to make it US spec is to change the dash board and interior

Does it have US spec bumpers or JDM bumpers? Now I have got to keep an eye out for one - thanx!

I believe that they are JDM spec bumpers, but they shouldn't be that hard to modify. I am gonna have to dig back into the photo vault and figure out the difference. Here is the one that I won. I paid a bit more in shipping than I would like to, but I got a fair price on the kit. Of course, now Aoshima or Fujimi will release the kit :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Hey Brian, I just got my winnings off of Ebay this afternoon. I will try and take some pics this evening and get them posted. The initial 'groking' of the kit looks promising. I didn't see a US spec dashboard, but there was a US style grill... The only downside is that it appears that the kit was motorized at one point.