Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nasty Build gets a restore! 1971/2 VegaWagon update 09-07-06

Mj-Styro

This evening was spent on fixing the bad chrome molding around the windows.....Also Have the hood alittle wider and longer by adding pieces of straight stock filed down and sanded smooth..........worked on the interior and had to shorten the chassis just a tad..........

Have it in primer now so i can see what else will need to be filled with body primer...........

I also added small piece's of straight stock for the tops of the Q/panels so i can build that back up and is shaping up nicely! still will need some minor putty...........

Here's some pics!

MVC221S-vi.jpg

MVC222S-vi.jpg

MVC223S-vi.jpg

MVC224S-vi.jpg

Ok heres a few updates and also details finally! sorry i havent been able to add any details,(because i have been real busy around here and wanted to get the pics out so everyone can see them,Unless you would rather i wait to send out pics of my progress??)

Ok here we go first up is a top front shot,

MVC226S-vi.jpg

Heres a top shot of the front,The hood scoop is from a later model and that being a 1977 Vega and thought the hood scoop was neat, as you can tell i have it almost blended to the new hood......(if you remember i cut the hood out of the body as it was molded in)

MVC227S-vi.jpg

Here's a under shoot of the hood, if you look closely you can see the small strips (now after sanding and filling) on the outter edges of the hood and that back,also had to add small pieces of sheet stock to fill it in......Also not i havent cut out were the scoop is just yet, wanted to wait till i got the body work done on the scoop less chance of breaking something.

MVC228S-vi.jpg

Here is a rear shot of the progress so far, had to fill in with some putty so i could smooth out the back, also since i couldnt get the taillights out i will cover them with BMF till i have the body painted up then will peel it back off and then BMF again and detail paint it...........also i may have to put the lower seam back in after i get it all smoothed out.(this will be for the tailgate seam)

MVC229S-vi.jpg

MVC230S-vi.jpg

Have some color on it which i did tonight.........i must be doing something wrong tho i cant seem to spray lacquer with it blushing real bad lately.

OWELL!

I Have it polished out and will give it a bath tomorrow and polish alittle more,then it should be ready for BMF etc........

Its not 100% but looks 100 times better then it did before i started it.....

MVC232S-vi.jpg

MVC233S-vi.jpg

MVC235S-vi.jpg

MVC238S-vi.jpg