Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 - Finished

RandyB.

I find it hard to understand why so many people are so critical of this kit. I personally find the kit is fairly good representation of a 1967 Camaro SS. As far as the grille.....what's the big deal here? Get some Evergreen styrene strips and glue them on like I did. Takes a few seconds and they really make the grille look like it should. I think we all need to consider that this is not a 1:1 car and that it is a model. I think out of all of my 100 or so model cars maybe a few might come in as being quite accurate in terms of a 1:1 car. I'm just glad Revell is coming out with such a variety of classics to build! Lets chill out a bit!

I find it hard to understand why so many people are so critical of this kit. I personally find the kit is fairly good representation of a 1967 Camaro SS. As far as the grille.....what's the big deal here? Get some Evergreen styrene strips and glue them on like I did. Takes a few seconds and they really make the grille look like it should. I think we all need to consider that this is not a 1:1 car and that it is a model. I think out of all of my 100 or so model cars maybe a few might come in as being quite accurate in terms of a 1:1 car. I'm just glad Revell is coming out with such a variety of classics to build! Lets chill out a bit!

Well said.

Great way to look at things Randy. I am also glad to see so many new kits.

That interior looks fantastic! Personally I don't have the patience to do foil on interiors, but I admire those who do.

Don't forget that Camaros with white interiors actually had black headliners. But you prolly already know that. B)

Thanks Dan, Guido and Snake. Only the door panels were foiled. The dash trim and console trim were painted silver.

Snake, thanks for that info. I wasn't sure if they were white or black since I couldn't find a decent reference pic to show what they were.

Edited by RandyB.

Big improvement on that grille! looks great! does this kit come with the hideaway headlight grille as well? I want to get a couple of these kits myself,first generation Camaros are my alltime favorite 1:1 cars..................................Mark

No RS grille included with this kit. I was hoping for the RS option but no-go.

Big improvement on that grille! looks great! does this kit come with the hideaway headlight grille as well? I want to get a couple of these kits myself,first generation Camaros are my alltime favorite 1:1 cars..................................Mark

The RS grill from the original AMT '67 annual kit is almost a direct drop-in (some very minor fitting might be required). Modelhaus repops it. It's also more accurately shaped on the ends than the Revell kit grille.

The RS grill from the original AMT '67 annual kit is almost a direct drop-in (some very minor fitting might be required). Modelhaus repops it. It's also more accurately shaped on the ends than the Revell kit grille.

But you would still need the rear valance with the back-up lights on it. Also, you would need the solid red tail light as well.

Thanks guys for all of the great comments. Well I had a chance to get back to the bench today and get the foil on. Body has been polished out with Nu Finish Scratch Doctor. I placed the grille on temporary just for the photos. Check her out when you get a chance.

Pictures2162_zpsea8133fb.jpg

Pictures2163_zpsf953399f.jpg

Pictures2164_zpsc71a6a86.jpg

Pictures2165_zpse464478d.jpg

Edited by RandyB.