Model Cars Magazine Forum

FRANKIE FLYPOGGERSTEIN! The Monster is Finished!

FRANKIE FLYPOGGERSTEIN!

I thought it would be Fun to make a Comic Frankenstein Figure for my October Fantasy Modelers Club Meeting. The Meeting was a few days ago, so I will try to get Frankie ready for the next FMC Meeting & Halloween!
I started with a Vintage Super Fuzz glue bomb...

DSCN4750F_zps1624664d.jpg

Here is the Un-assembled Fred Flypogger Body. Still in pretty good shape for an original. Real Nice Eyes!

DSCN4715F_zpsec360f8a.jpg

So in Great Frankenstein Tradition, I start by cutting off the top of his Head!

DSCN4721F_zpsfb94452e.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Nice Forehead!

I cut a strip of plastic and bent it with Needle Nose Pliers to get this square shape. Then I glued the end with Zap-A-Gap, Green Label. I glued an extra plastic strip in the joint to make it thick enough to carve down later.

DSCN4723F_zpsa7c5a0d2.jpg

Here is Frankie's first Head Fitting. Looks like we have a good fit!

DSCN4724F_zpsdda52575.jpg

More Coming... B)

Frankie's Legs!

I got these Legs from a Wallace Figure in a Wallace & Gromit Anti-Pesto Van Kit. I cut the Legs off with a Cut-Off Wheel. I already used their Heads in the Rocket Van Project...

DSCN4727FJPG_zpsa2b6674c.jpg

Next I glued the Legs together.

DSCN4732F_zps4f5c0dfe.jpg

Then I glued them in place. Here is Frankie with his new Forehead and Legs.

DSCN4737F_zpsd2bd1948.jpg

More Coming... B)

Frankie's New Boots!

I am using Wallace's Boots from the Anti-Pesto Van Kit. I cut off the top section from the Boots to fit them in the Pants Leg.

DSCN4740F_zpsa0a32793.jpg

Next I cut the bottoms of the Pants Legs so the Boots will fit inside. I also cut about 1/4th of an inch off the top of Frankie's Head. It was just a little too big.

DSCN4743F_zps6bbb8c13.jpg

Here is Frankie with his New Boots on.

DSCN4748F_zps7edd9ca5.jpg

More Coming... B)

Flat Top for Frankie!

I have been carving on Frankie's Head and I almost have it right. I cut a piece of plastic to fit his Head and glued it in place as shown.

DSCN4753F_zpsb89057f8.jpg

I applied some Squadron Putty to add more shape to Frankie and fill in the rough spots.

DSCN4761F_zps8fdf13ad.jpg

More Coming... B)

Too Tall!

Frankie looks a little too tall to me. Have to lower him a bit. I marked the areas to be removed.

DSCN4763F_zps2ea75e8a.jpg

I cut the areas out with a Cut-Off Wheel.

DSCN4772F_zpsb50db86d.jpg

Here is Frankie with the height adjustment...

DSCN4775F_zpsa37632de.jpg

More Coming... B)

Pretty cool! I think I'm about to start a Freddy Flameout pretty soon myself. Bought the thing a decade ago, and then decided I just couldn't live with the head, which doesn't look much like the box art (which actually looks kinda cool).

But just today, in the Halloween section at Walmart, I found something I think will make a much better head for Freddy.... :P

1967AirfixWeirdohsFreddy1ATFTFW.jpg

Arm Positions...

I glued Frankies Arm on. Then I sprayed Frankie with a couple of coats of Filler/Primer. Next I drew a "Cut Line". I am going to cut this wedge shape out of the Arm and glue it back later. This will lower the Arm so that it isn't so high.

DSCN5031F_zps93021c2c.jpg

While the Arm is off I am going to do some work on the right side of Frankie's Face.

DSCN5345F_zps534506cd.jpg

I started by cutting and fitting a piece of plastic to fill in the top of Frankie's smile, on both sides.

DSCN5347F_zps5cf2a053.jpg

More Coming... B)

Frankie's Hair!

I added more Squadron Putty to Frankie's Head. I almost have the shape the way I want it. Now I'm starting to texture the Putty to look like Hair. I also drilled a hole in his Head for his Head-Bolt.

DSCN5374F_zpsd0a14d8e.jpg

Here is the other side showing the final mouth shape.

DSCN5368F_zps43a2a0ac.jpg

After some Sanding and adding more Putty it's starting to look like Hair up there.

DSCN5485F_zps815b9bdd.jpg

More Coming... B)

Hands!

I removed a wedge shape from Frankie's arm pit and glued his arm back. Now the Arm sticks straight out instead of up.

DSCN5500F_zps068c9ad7.jpg

I cut down the Baseball Bat to resemble a Flower Vase.

DSCN5501F_zpsae03f948.jpg

I filled the bottom of the Vase with scrap plastic and glued the left Hand in place.

DSCN5505F_zpscc07714a.jpg

More Coming... B)