Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chev Shop Truck

After read the thread about people's favorite kits to build, Dr Cranky referenced the Amt 1950 Chev Pickup. I original built that kit, and posted it "50 Chev Resto Mod". I wasn't completely happy with my build, and could not see how why it was one of Dr Canky's favorites, since the original build faught me every step of the way. I decided to buy another and give it a second chance, boy was I glad I did, now I understand the love for this kit. On mine, I stretched the rear fenders to make room for the Pegasus five spokes, lowered the suspension, used a VCG resin LS7, without the beauty covers (thought the coils where too cool), custom scratch built exhaust to the oem center pipe. As for paint, this one is all air brush. The Body is Vallejo Italian Red, with Vallejo Varnish gloss over it, and the frame is Polly Scale flat black. I spray the bed with Tamiya Wooden Deck Tan XF 78 and the taped off the rails and shot some Vallejo Chrome Silver over that. I learned allot from this kit, and give a nod to Dr. Cranky for his love of this kit, because I now do too. As always, looking forward to your comments and suggestions. And I apologize to about the lack of mirrors, it was my choice to leave them off.

IMG_1366_zpsef13c919.jpg

IMG_1367_zpsb36478e2.jpg

IMG_1368_zps34f5e959.jpg

IMG_1369_zpsd882a957.jpg

IMG_1370_zpsd4000bab.jpg

IMG_1371_zps7dfa02d7.jpg

IMG_1372_zpsf0b2eb0e.jpg

IMG_1373_zpsb4f25e57.jpg

IMG_1374_zps4771e7b9.jpg

IMG_1377_zpse3aaed11.jpg

Edited by Chris White

• 3 weeks later...