Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV/Movie Vehicle Community Build.......Contest

bigern26

According to IMCDB, it was a '77 GMC K-15 which would have had a GM 10-bolt front axle and NP205 transfer case.

GM 10-bolt:

(it had a passenger-side differential)

NP205:

In the rear it would most likely have a 12 bolt or a Dana 44

if you don't mind, this is a picture of a 4WD set up I did for a '76 1 ton on the same frame. Of course I used a Dana 44 up front as you could get on 3/4ton and 1 ton GM truck with 4WD and the rear is a Dana 60 also as per the 3/4ton, 1 ton specs. I do have another '77 GMC K1500 but I haven't started the suspension for it yet.

my Dana 44 front. (sourced from MPC/AMT '53 ford f100 flipnose)

FILE1126.jpg

front and rear with frame (the springs are scratchbuilt from styrene and the rear Dana 60 is the kit piece from the Revell wrecker)

FILE1130.jpg

ride height

FILE1275.jpg

For the 12 bolt there's a beautiful one in the stock Revell '99 Silverado

noticing you also said drive train, for the engine if you have a AMT '67-'72 GM truck engine and a AMT '86 El Camino SS engine you can build a stock 350-4 barrel with a turbo 400 transmission. (below is my engine, aircleaner, exuast manifolds and transmission are from the El camino 305, the rest is the GM truck 350, not sure where the transfer case is from it was resin)

FILE1135.jpg

FILE1136.jpg

You'll also need a GMC grille, this is for a '76 GMC but the way I'm gonna explain you can use to do the '77, I started with the stock '76 ish chevy grille and cit the inside bars out so that all I had wasthe headlight area's and the grille surround, I then used sheet stock cut into strips and build up the shape, I also cut the letters from sheet and added them, then I added a piece of sheet stock across the back and painted it bflat black, then I bmfed most of the grille, leaving the iside of the headlight area's out. I painted the GMC letters and was done. I also drilled the lights out, but you don't need to.

FILE1407.jpg

hope this helps.

Anyone get started yet? I've been working on the chassis by fixing the axles and giving it a spring-over axle conversion to give it a bit of lift. I've also used a set of stock wheels from the AMT F-150 with the Jeep kit Goodyear tires. Since the wheels are slightly smaller than the openings, I had to create some thin rings to go around the outside of the wheels to get them to sit right. I've also modified the kit rollbar, grille guard, and fabbed up the correct rear bumper. I should be getting some pics up by this weekend.

I also plan on starting the frame for Dorothy I.

Hey I finally got started on this today! I made a lot of head way and really fast. I got the bulk of the parts painted and the body. Sorry for the bad pics. I had to use my phone due to the fact that my daughter has needed my good camera for a school project. I will get better pictures soon. I used Banner Red for the color as I think it looks close to the color of the car in the movie. I used the Chrome for the silver panel as it comes out metallic silver not chrome. Next up a lot of BMF. So here is the start of Christine!

christinesidefront.jpg

0117111259.jpg

0117111300.jpg

0117111728.jpg

0117111729.jpg

0117111735.jpg

0117111739.jpg

I'd only use it where you need to. i think you would have a lot of trouble getting the yellow to cover that purple.

yeah, i was just being sarcastic

though since there are no shot if the movie of the car with the hood open i just might paint the bottom of the hood CPP

got the daytona in the mail yesterday

it was partially started as a pro street it looks like so i will have to replace the interior tub and the chassis by those from a superbee

the motor will also be from a superbee (got one in the partsbox) a 440

looks like all i really need is the hood and the glass

ill have to check the partsbox for usable units later aswell as rolling stock

from the looks if it it runs steelies up front and cragar SSs in the rear

Yeah, it does seem a bit low still. Also, if you use the IMG tag from photobucket, the pics will show up larger. I believe the site will autosize them so that they aren't super huge though.

allright guys, i will raise the whole thing up a bit

you know, i used to use the regular picutres but for some reason they always show up at 98% on my computer and i cant see a darn thing on them cos i would need a screen 4 times the size i have

Please tell me your going to open one head lamp....lifes a garden, dig it?

i sure will, but when i got the body the nose was allready grafted on

i will get to the headlight thoug, i just gotta keep on keeping on