Model Cars Magazine Forum

This Chevy Van was built from Revell's recent re-issue of Monogram's old kit. The kit was okay, though there was pretty much Mold flash and other cleanup to do. My plan was to build Chevy Van with '70s style but at the end I decided not to install some equipment like Side Pipes or other stuff like that.

The build started when I bought those Turbine Wheels from a friend who cast them in resin. Very nice quality, so I had to install them somewhere. I thought this would be great body for them, so I fitted them on kit's tires. Body and chassis were painted Metallic Red from spray can. Then I clear coated them and body got some polishing. Chassis went together well, and I decided to keep that stance too that came when assembling chassis with kit parts. Interior was fairly simple, it was built with box stock parts, I only added seat belts and some painted details. Some BMF on the body and final assembly, which went well.

If you have any questions, ask me and I'll try to answer. All kinds of comments are welcome.

DSCN5289.jpg
DSCN5270.jpg
DSCN5271.jpg
DSCN5273.jpg
DSCN5275.jpg
DSCN5277.jpg
DSCN5280.jpg
DSCN5281.jpg
DSCN5282.jpg
DSCN5284.jpg

Thanks guys for the kind comments! I appreciate them a lot.

I really like how this one turned out, too. Except polishing, it was a lot of fun to build, but I've never liked polishing and this body had lots of smooth surfaces to polish. :wacko: But it turned out okay.

Thanks guys!

Yeah Cragars would have been nice also, especially the 5 spoke ones. But those aren't bad either I think, or actually, I even like them. :lol:

Gotta check the Sammy Johns out, never heard of him.

• 2 weeks later...