Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

thanks Dan!

originally i was going to go triple black..........black paint, black interior, and a black vinyl top. but now i think i am going to use this green (forget the name) that i shot on a new ford at work the other day.... its a newer color, not light, not dark. i like it. that green with tan interior and a tan vinyl top is what i am thinking now.

i havent taken any new progress pics lately, its all been sanding and filling, and sanding and filling.......pretty boring stuff. once i get the body ready for color i will post some new pics.

cheers!

bryan

Oh :o that's one of my future proyects (68 charger) its one of my favorite custom cars since I saw all the episodes of WCC lovely ride. It would be "bananas" to See that color on your ride Bryan :)

Edited by Hedgehog

well, the primer is finally blocked!

i got rid of the fuel filler......

block003.jpg

the marker lights, and wheel well trim...

block002.jpg

block004.jpg

now i have to do the hood, trunk lid and front valance panel.....

more to come, thanks for lookin!

bryan

sorry for that horrible blurry pic.............my camera stinks! i need a new one......

cheers

bryan

This thing is going to be a monster. Loving it, keep it going. Eat more chicken wings and make more progress. Come on.

oh yea......millions of chickens have sacrificed their live to me! LOL.......im hoping to paint this thing on monday.....at work!

cheers

bryan

Bryan, your me go crazy, I can't wait to see more of great building, I'm 74 yrs young so hurry up Please!!

thanks micheal! im sure you will be aorund for this build buddy.....im hopin to paint tomorrow.

cheers

bryan

ok guys, i finally picked a color for this build! actually 2 colors.........its gonna be metallic black on top, and silver on the bottom. with a very thin red stripe seperating the two colors! yea, im goin two tone! LOL

im hoping to shoot the silver tonight, when the temperature cools down a bit, its a little warm and humid right now to shoot paint. when the humidity is too high it makes basecoat cloudy..........stay tuned, im hopin to shoot it in an hour or so!

thanks for all the great comments guys

stay tuned

bryan

a ross gibson street hemi is goin in it.....

....but i am kinda stalled here now, i got all the body parts out, getting ready to shoot the body with the first color coat, and cannot find the front lower valance panel!!!!!! grrrr! i gotta keep lookin, i hate to buy another one just for the panel, i gotta find it....

stay tuned, i might not be painting tonight, or at least until i find this valance panel!

cheers

bryan