Model Cars Magazine Forum

this is my latest project,still in progess,been about 3months now.it is the revell aussie kit,i have converted it to an sar,shortened the chassis 30mm,i scratchbuilt the bonnet,cab and sleeper mounts,the battery boxes,the skirts under the sleeper,opened the doors,recessed the firewall,added the sleeper from the revell snap kit and fully detailed it with storage cupboards painted to look like woodgrain and made a small lcd tv then used grey felt to simulate carpet.the gauges and switches have all been detailed with gold paint.outside it is painted to look similar to the gold nugget edition,night stalker2,built by the klos boys here in oz.was a real pain to get right,but was well worth it,especially after using bare metal foil for a lot of detailing,good stuff! i still need to make rear guards and a few other pieces and possibly a correct looking bullbar and have it tilt with the bonnet.

post-5297-12727149255359_thumb.jpg

post-5297-12727149327718_thumb.jpg

post-5297-12727149373262_thumb.jpg

Wow, look at that, the Nightstalker 2 is a quite famous truck here, why?? could tell you, but what Justin and Turk done to it before Cornfoot's brought it really made it stand out, I am actually building the exact same truck, but in 1/16th from a Metal Glow kit,and have lots of pics of the real truck, scratchbuilt parts well there are many,spent nearly 14 months on mine so admire what you have done to this, and how you have done the paint

which is not an easy task,

There is something about the SAR that just make them so appealing, Great work