Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Gas Cobra.....Complete, 11/24/2012

1320wayne

Well, the first side is complete. All sponsor logos are in place. The hood scoop was done with a snakeskin lightning bolt pattern. I am also getting back to the engine. The carb. is added along with the start of the fuel lines. The fittings are from RB Motion. The carb. is a resin piece from Protech.

100_1367-vi.jpg

100_1368-vi.jpg

100_1369-vi.jpg

100_1370-vi.jpg

Some progress on the chassis and suspension. Both front and rear suspensions and tires and wheels are in place along with the steering assembly and the wheelie bars. Everything is straight and level. Tire lettering is complete and the drivers side graphics are coming along as well.

100_1385-vi.jpg

100_1386-vi.jpg

100_1387-vi.jpg

100_1388-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

More progress. The body, paint and decals are all complete on both sides along with the clear coat. A week from now I will be able to rub it out to a glass smooth finish. The engine is installed along with the shortened driveshaft. The dist. is in and wired. I used a very nice piece from Scale Modeling by Chris. All fittings have been attached and painted and are now ready for braided lines to be added.

100_1405-vi.jpg

100_1406-vi.jpg

100_1407-vi.jpg

100_1408-vi.jpg

100_1409-vi.jpg