Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Anglia drag car

Modelcarjedi

• 1 year later...

i remember seeing that see through body drawing back when i was a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing i had ever seen. cut it out and put it on the wall even, in a frame.

did this car progress more since 2008? looks like a killer as far as i saw.

i remember seeing that see through body drawing back when i was a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing i had ever seen. cut it out and put it on the wall even, in a frame.

I did the same thing with a picture of Farrah Fawcett in a see through negligee.

• 8 months later...

Robert

The Madd Fabricator has the only accurate Anglia body on the market. Its done in fibreglass and is an excellent piece. He's a member here so I will let him know you are interested and he will post something.

Can sum one please tell me who sell's the 1/8 anglia body

thank-you :)

Spike 426, Please email me at, rdzandnz@chriscakes.com and I'll give you all the details on the Anglia body that I lay up in fiberglass cloth. Mine is not resin cast as the one in this posting is.

CHEERZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR

Spike 426, Please email me at, rdzandnz@chriscakes.com and I'll give you all the details on the Anglia body that I lay up in fiberglass cloth. Mine is not resin cast as the one in this posting is.

CHEERZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR

Does it have the correct body length, as the O.P.'s body is clearly too short in the door area. :blink:

Does it have the correct body length, as the O.P.'s body is clearly too short in the door area. :D

Spike, my body is patterned after the Skipper's Critter Gasser in the Skip's Fiesta kit. I actually sent the 1/25th plastic kit body to a gentleman in South America who did the 3D graphics drawings and computer design work. Those computer packages were then sent to TDR Innovations who made the body printable using the 3 D Rapid-Prototyping method. After receiving the R-P body it was then compared for accuracy with the kit and redefined in a few areas. From that I then made the fiberglass molds using the same methods and procedures the 1:1 fiberglass body manufactures use. Now that the molds are made I can lay up fiberglass bodies as the need arrises. But in answer to your original question, YES. I've attached a couple of photos for your viewing, and opinion.

For further info drop me a PM or email .

Thanks for asking about the Anglia.

CHEERZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR

post-5754-0-43021300-1303950108_thumb.jp

post-5754-0-14522100-1303950214_thumb.jp

post-5754-0-74156900-1303950222_thumb.jp

i hope no one minds if i jump in here. i have received one of the fiberglass anglia bodies from the madd fabricator and it is second to none. the finish is fantastic and the detail is awesome. the fiberglass work is top shelf. it is a consistent thickness throughout. mine is still in the early stages of figuring out how i want to build it. i just figured i'd let you know they are incredibly nice and they're available.

I'll step up to the plate too. I've purchased several bodies from MF and as Dave says, they are second to none in accuracy, consistant thickness and strength. These are not repop bodies, a ton of work has gone into doing them right. There's no disappointments here boys.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...