Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Nick, great details on this one, did you make your own decals for the doors?

Yes the Door Art I printed.

ah .. a winter truck! ..are those snow tires? ;)

That's some serious frame work, Nick. It's looking good.. :)

Had get that nose down, has always bothered me about this kit, that and it needed to have a modern drive train and suspension system.

Update:

Nearing Completion, Moved my car and it Rained today, kept me inside this afternoon. Good time to screw around with Tiny cars.

Final Mock up. Yeah it looks about right.

GEDC3479.jpg

Engine: decided with keeping with the fairly modern drivetrain (as I would do one of these trucks) I went with a 355 CI GM Performance Parts Crate motor with a few alterations (loosely based on a friends 383 Stroker, now bored to 391, badass motor). Plug wires are a bit think but then again, his motor has 8mm hi-po Plug Wires and Ignition, even my Fury's Accel Ignition plug wires are 8MM. Enough rambling.

GEDC3484.jpg

GEDC3476.jpg

GEDC3477.jpgGEDC3473.jpg

GEDC3493.jpg

With Trailer that needs a bit more work.

GEDC3488.jpg

GEDC3489.jpg

Still need to finish the interior, do some exhaust (don't wanna wake the neighbors like when we fired up the 391 with open headers) and some underhood detailing.

Nick

Still Going at it. While waiting for the interior to dry I've started assembling some parts, one the interior is done I can put it together and get the cab on, waiting for the rad to dry also then it can go in and get plumbed. And then it's nearly done.

Engine is permanently attached as well is the bed and the Front bumper now, need to add the pulleys to the engine and the Alternator and power steering pump, then it's done, need to figure out exhuast as well.

GEDC3504.jpg

GEDC3505.jpg

GEDC3507.jpg

Made my own springs.

GEDC3506.jpg

Looking more like a truck.

GEDC3508.jpg

GEDC3509.jpg

GEDC3512.jpg

GEDC3513.jpg

More to come.

nick

Thanks Everyone.

David, Ended up liking the smoother bumper better.

Man, I do like this build Nick. It's got a very realistic feel to it.

Thanks Rob, I'm literally building it as I would if I had the 1:1

x2!

I'd like to see more Rat Rod builds with this detail, it makes all the difference with this small detail.

Thanks Steve, I Really don't consider this truck a Rat, but I still try to detail my stuff to the way I would in 1:1.