Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG VW Beetle

GeeBee

excellent build GeeBee; so much attention to details!!!!

btw was reading you use automotive laquer, but any clear? i heard krylon make goods one

No, I only use clearcoat on metallic colours, solid colours are wet sanded and polished out, probably harder work but it just looks more realistic as that's what happened on the 1:1 version

Headlamp bowls fitted, I just wish model companies would mount the chrome parts where the cut mark is going to be visible, thank god for BMF .... it was the same for the rear lamp housings, attached to the parts tree right at the top and side of the part.

post-2058-0-37300600-1413897601_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-57409400-1413897617_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-96765600-1413916075_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-58738400-1413916091_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-97267500-1413916101_thumb.jp

Edited by GeeBee

I just scrolled through this build and wow, what a nice job! I was planning on using the Tamiya `66 under Norn's new resin Baja, but I might have to grab one of these and compare the underpinnings…. You definitely got my attention with all the detail-painting you've done. That interior looks great, especially the dash. Nice workmanship Geoff!

Hi Geoff, nice to see you back working on this little guy. Cant wait to see it all finished.

It's getting close, just need to mask up the windows to airbrush the black rubber seals, front & rear bumpers and a few chrome parts and bumpers, then she will be finished ....