Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Mustang 5.0 LX Drag Racer

bad0210

Remember the Pro-Modeler 69 charger? It had a mis-shaped roof line and a few other discrepancies.They fixed it and sent out replacement kits.I still have one of each.

Just sayin' it could happen.I'll get two of them just because I used to race one myself.

As far as induction goes I see a high rise intake with a big dominator in the future.

This is just my two cents and in no means meant to start a riot. ;) bigtim

If they fix the roof, I'm buying a bunch. If they don't, I'm out. I bracket raced Fox body Mustangs in a few different classes. I drove Fox body Mustangs to work for the best part of a decade and a half, I made out with the love of my life in a Fox Body Mustang. My God Daughter was born in the front seat of a Fox body Mustang. I want to all of my reunions in them (Except for the time I had a Capri) Both of my college era steady girlfriends had Mustangs... While the car is not as iconic as a '57 Chevy, or the first generation Mustangs, it was the functional car for a whole generation of car nuts. I wouldn't mind a few on my shelf, but they gotta look a bit like the real thing.

• 1 month later...

Revell was set up at the MASSCar show yesterday. They had the new pieces on display for this Kit. I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out.

There were 3 new trees of parts shown. One had new front and rear suspensions, Another had a GT40 style intake, wheels and headers, the last had the new cowl hood, roll bar, two racing seats and a wing.

Wish my picture would have come out......

i came across this. looks like theres the cawl hood, 6 point roll cage, rear drag spoiler, drag raging seats, different rims, there was also something about dot drag slicks, gt40 intake, short tube headers, straight pipes, seat belts?, diff cover, then with the stock k-member theres an aftermarket style k-member, then the stock rear axle or maybe its been narrowed?. there was word of it being a 2 in 1, so you can decide to build it stock or drag version. but ether way ill be buying a couple even if the roof issue isnt fixed.

post-8908-0-31015800-1395111386_thumb.jp

I've been told by Mr. Ed Sexton himself that this reissue is correct in all areas, no further modifications will be necessary:

I've asked him about the roof!!

Here's the answer:

""

Hi,

The body is accurate and does not require any changes.

Regards,
Ed Sexton
Revell Inc.
1850 Howard St.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

The 2n1 and the drag version is based on my friend Mike Bell's NMRA Real Street coupe that he drag races. Revell came to his shop in Dayton, Ohio to measure the heck out of his car. He received the very first 2n1 version of the street car version w/ the police stuff.

mike-bell-Custom_zps135d180b.jpg

m5lp_0903_21_z2008_bowling_green_NMRA_ra

Edited by JTalmage

I've been told by Mr. Ed Sexton himself that this reissue is correct in all areas, no further modifications will be necessary:

Here's the answer:

""

Hi,

Regards,

Ed Sexton

Revell Inc.

1850 Howard St.

Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Accurate in real life? Or revell world? Did anyone take pics of the body?

Accurate in real life? Or revell world? Did anyone take pics of the body?

5x42v4x.gif

Let's not even resuscitate that argument again. We've been there and done that in the original LX notchback topic, and it didn't end well, at all.

Thanks for those pics, Jesse.

Let's not even resuscitate that argument again. We've been there and done that in the original LX notchback topic, and it didn't end well, at all.

You can put all the cute animated gifs you want up, and that still doesn't answer the question as to whether they fixed the problems, or they live in some alternate universe where the problems don't exist.

One garners a great deal of respect from myself and a lot of the other "haters", the other just proves how far Ed has his head stuck up...the sand pile.

You can put all the cute animated gifs you want up, and that still doesn't answer the question as to whether they fixed the problems, or they live in some alternate universe where the problems don't exist.

One garners a great deal of respect from myself and a lot of the other "haters", the other just proves how far Ed has his head stuck up...the sand pile.

I have to agree with my friend here, this kit is always going to be a hot topic tell Ed pulls his head out of the sand( if it is infact there) and they correct the body issue, this kit, and the massive pile that is the body, is like a train wreck, you really cant help looking and talking about it.

I dont see what the issue is as long as all involved can remain civil towards each other and have a adult conversation about this kit and its problems, and or did they correct any issues, my money is on , no , they did not

Edited by martinfan5

that still doesn't answer the question as to whether they fixed the problems

They didn't. See below.

Here's the answer:

""

Hi,

Regards,

Ed Sexton

Revell Inc.

The 2n1 and the drag version is based on my friend Mike Bell's NMRA Real Street coupe that he drag races. Revell came to his shop in Dayton, Ohio to measure the heck out of his car. He received the very first 2n1 version of the street car version w/ the police stuff.

Do you know what kind of wheels your buddy had on his car when Revell documented it? In your pics it looks like he's running Bogarts (at least on the front), but from Revell's pic it sure looks like they're Drag Stars in the kit. Just curious if he had different wheels on the car at that time, or if Revell made a deliberate decision to replicate a different type of wheel. I'd be fine with either one.

For a wheel that's so popular in the 1:1 car world, I've never understood why so few Drag Stars have been represented in scale. Seems like this was a smart decision on Revell's part. I think more than a few of these kits will be bought just for the rolling stock.

If Ed actually believes that, he needs new glasses or should retire..

When i asked Revell about the body issue, the answer was for this latest version of the drag racer, not the previous police package issue...

So M. Sexton told me the the body was correct for this version (drag racer), not to misunderstand what he said to me!!

If you look carefully to the picture of the model on their website , you can see that they corrected the top height, to be accurate.

I give a chance to Revell, because they did such corrections in the past, with the 1969 Charger (top issue) and lately on the 1969 Nova (gas tank was reversed)

I sincerely think that Revell is expecting a lot on this Mustang tooling, and i'm pretty sure we will be pleased with this new issue of that famous Mustang!!

So, let it come in, before criticize please!!

Revell knows about the dissapointement that the first issue caused to modelers (and it's O.K. to tell them) and the answer to my e-mail to Revell dones'nt even take an hour to come in, and by M. Sexton himself.

1. http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/rmx/2014-revell-second-quarter-new-releases.pdf

Here's the picture of the upcoming model of the Mustang, if you look carefully the top has been corrected (you can see by the windshield upper portion that doesn't fit. it probably comes from the previous version)

So if Revell ignore the issue, why have they corrected it for the picture model??

I'm sure we will se an accurate version of this Mustang very soon!! It's been mandated for a second quarter release..

I'm mostly a Mopar guy, but i will buy a few of this one and i support real Mustang fans..

Do you know what kind of wheels your buddy had on his car when Revell documented it? In your pics it looks like he's running Bogarts (at least on the front), but from Revell's pic it sure looks like they're Drag Stars in the kit. Just curious if he had different wheels on the car at that time, or if Revell made a deliberate decision to replicate a different type of wheel. I'd be fine with either one.

For a wheel that's so popular in the 1:1 car world, I've never understood why so few Drag Stars have been represented in scale. Seems like this was a smart decision on Revell's part. I think more than a few of these kits will be bought just for the rolling stock.

He's had the Bogarts on it for many years. being that theyre soo thin and deep dished in real life it was probably hard to replicate them.

Edited by JTalmage