Model Cars Magazine Forum

John Force snap funny car

Petetrucker07

The biggest problem is with the stickers. There is not one for the green lower rear fenders or rear bumper. There is enough of leftover green sticker to cover the lower rear fenders and rear bumper if you trim them. The sides of the rear spoiler will need to be cut to match the box cover. As for interior tin, there isn't any, but an old 1975 release Revell 1/32 funny car has one that could work.

Gerald

Edited by magicmustang

The biggest problem is with the stickers. There is not one for the green lower rear fenders or rear bumper. There is enough of leftover green sticker to cover the lower rear fenders and rear bumper if you trim them. The sides of the rear spoiler will need to be cut to match the box cover. As for interior tin, there isn't any, but an old 1975 release Revell 1/32 funny car has one that could work.

Gerald

Thanks for the info.

The 1:32 snap Kenworth Race Hauler and Old Funny Car together with the 1:25th scale Olds Funny Car done at the same period are the only model kits made of John's cars, Slixx also did a decal set of his 1994 Chevy Lumina...that's it.

John made an exclusive deal with Action Collectables and nothing other than diecast cars has been done since then...unfortunately for his fans and I'm one of them, me being a long time John Force fan I have managed to get a couple of sets of the Slixx Lumina decals and a couple of the 1:25 Castrol Olds FC kits, but as I don't do 1:32 stuff I don't have the transporter and FC you have.

Edited by Force

I have a few 1/64 die cast of his, signed, 1 of them double signed. Action makes an amazing die cast, but you definitely pay for them. I have 2 CSK funny cars, the Mountain Dew that was only raced in qualifing, I was there when Del blew the body off. The other is the CSK blue car, can't remember who drove at the time. I paid about 120 bucks for the both them from my local Kragen store. I want a few more Action cars, when funds can make that happen. So I'll build these, the best I can, try to do some detailing. They will look good on the shelf.