Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

My Hudson Project has been hijacked by something irresistible that came totally outta left field and involves this,

tiki1.jpgThe angriest Tootsie Roll ever. Done in 1/18, the first step in something a little different for me. Actual size: 3/8 by 1/8dia.

Edited by samdiego

How many of you have spend less time cleaning up the body than the chassis? I didn't take but half the time to clean the mold lines on my body than it did to clean everything up on the chassis. I know some have commented on the mold lines on the body but mine wasn't that bad. And I have all trim intact yet.

Edited by jjsipes

Okay so I have ahd my kit for a couple weeks. So here is what I have done. THe back window was thwhere I started the first cuts.

IMG_3002.jpg

Then I cut both sides and cut out an 1/8 of inches out out all three pillars

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

The next step is to get it all attched and flowing in the right direction

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Trying to use the stock rear window

IMG_3014.jpg

Digging that DeSoto grille!

The striped Hornet is at a standstill for the time being- I do have the 308 six shown earlier pretty much done. Pics will follow shortly. i dredged up an old AMC V8 from a Rambler kit that might end up powering the Hornet. It's a terrible engine, really, but its least-appealing aspects are pretty much hidden once its down in the Hornet's engine bay.

Today it was a happy day! One Hudson has arrived - second order overseas and very, very fast delivery :) :) :) . My first order from May is still coming at the end of this month.

Dominik- not sure what exactly you have in mind for the kit, but judging from the rest of your models, it'll be very cool. Can't wait to see what you do with it. B)

We will see what i will do - thoughts are done, work will come up next .looking forward to building it.

ohhh yeah....what a lucky day :P

Edited by Dominik