Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1957 Corvette Gasser *New Project*

BluePopsicle

lookin good jon!

those wheels are cool, the hobby shops around here stink man! im lucky they have BMF ! it would be a miracle if they had pegasus wheels, or anything else out of the ordinary......

cheers

bryan

.......This build is really looking HOT! Hey Brian, at least you have hobby shops! My closest is about a 140 mile round trip! l rely on the USPS for all my needs. Just sayin'-it could be worse, my styrene brother! Build on!!!

lookin good jon!

those wheels are cool, the hobby shops around here stink man! im lucky they have BMF ! it would be a miracle if they had pegasus wheels, or anything else out of the ordinary......

cheers

bryan

Thanks Bryan

.......This build is really looking HOT! Hey Brian, at least you have hobby shops! My closest is about a 140 mile round trip! l rely on the USPS for all my needs. Just sayin'-it could be worse, my styrene brother! Build on!!!

Thanks Bart

Ok, here are the updates I promised a couple days ago.

This is the rear panel that has been puttied and sanded smooth.19_zps5c145216.jpg

Front panel done the same way as the rear. I'm hoping that the future primer will fill the very small void between the grille and the nose.

18_zpsbf7f8376.jpg

After trimming and gluing the wheels on. I don't really like the way they stick out, but they are tucked in as far as they can go.

16_zpsfe1a0880.jpg17_zps9f572a50.jpg

Keep in mind that the tub isn't in there yet so the stance is a little off. It should level out before I'm all done.

As always, your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

If you're going with those wheels, I would suggest putting larger diameter tires on the rear or fill in some of that rear fenderwell opening. The opening that body has was enlarged for the rear slicks that came with the kit. It may work out to get yourself a set of Pegasus 23" sleeves and just slide your rear wheels inside those. That would fill out that opening and give you a big and bigger set of wheels.

If you're going with those wheels, I would suggest putting larger diameter tires on the rear or fill in some of that rear fenderwell opening. The opening that body has was enlarged for the rear slicks that came with the kit. It may work out to get yourself a set of Pegasus 23" sleeves and just slide your rear wheels inside those. That would fill out that opening and give you a big and bigger set of wheels.

I didn't know the sleeves could be purchased by themselves. I'll have to look for them online. I appreciate the tip and will keep my eyes on it as I get closer to completing the build.

Your engine should be there by the end of the week. As for the poke, how do the Pegasus wheels attach? Like whats the adapter part look like?

Thanks Brandon, I actually got it in the mail today! I'll start working on it sometime today. As far as the "adapter part"...there isn't one. My tools and materials are somewhat limited, so I used my flush cutters to trim back the stem inside the wheel and glue-bombed the wheels onto the axles.

GREAT PROGRESS!!!

Thanks Ira, I appreciate it!

I look forward to seeing what those wheels will look like inside the 23" sleeves. I've never seen a set of those wheels done that way. Also, keep in mind that these wheels are directional. So,you have a left and right side pair of wheels. Can't wait to see this in color!

I haven't been able to too much to this recently, but here's what I've gotten done today. In order to get this new engine to fit, I had to take out a cross-member where the trans is. I also had to grind down the frame a little bit in order to allow space. Unfortunately, due to the small nature of this model, I need to have the engine inside the frame instead of on top. You'll see...

22_zps1eef0e3c.jpg21_zps96afa62a.jpg20_zpsbabf9aa4.jpg

I've been kinda stumped recently on all thought in general. Today is a new day and I'm hoping to make something of it. Here's today's progress, although not much really.

Brandon sent me an LS7 engine and complete exhaust system (Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.). I tried retro-fitting the exhaust onto this engine and it just wouldn't work with the space available in this frame.

24_zpsfb2b4631.jpg

Sooo... What I've decided to do is grab the straight exhaust from the Vette kit. This thing will have headers and straight side pipes.

25_zps612e765c.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures. I usually use my wife's camera but she's sleeping right now. These had to be taken with my cell phone.

More to come after I get the exhaust painted.