Model Cars Magazine Forum

finding car photos

graintruck

hey everyone, i got a sheet of slixx decals of the rustay wallace flames car. its in the taurus body. so im wondering how do i go about finding photos of said car online? i mean i lmpw to goggle but anyone know of any sites and or certin words to put in to find it ? or does anyone know of info on when this car was used to help in my search?

gary

Google is your friend. When hunting for race photos of a specific car it is best to start with what race that particular paint scheme was used in. That can makes your search so much easier. If you don't know what race but know the year do an image search for the driver and year (i.e. Rusty Wallace 2002) or whatever fits what you are looking for. If you know the name used for the car, in this case "Black Flame Car" you can use that too. If you don't have any of that information it's pretty much a hunt in and find with generic keywords (i.e. sponsor, car, driver, team, etc).

the search "Rusty Wallace flame car" netted me this photo. Which oddly enough is the reference photo for the decal sheet from Mike's Decals.

_2Liteflames2002refa-vi.jpg

Edited by ra7c7er

yeah, i was doing that, and i was getting more of decal pages then anything. but now that i know its 2002 that will help. but i will say the car from slixx decals is said or shown to be blue, so i'll look a little deeper and see what i find thanks guys for the photos

yeah, i was doing that, and i was getting more of decal pages then anything. but now that i know its 2002 that will help. but i will say the car from slixx decals is said or shown to be blue, so i'll look a little deeper and see what i find thanks guys for the photos

If I remember right Rusty ran more than 1 car with flames. The black one pictured above and at least 1 blue car. The part number from the Slixx decal sheet should be a clue as to what year the car was run, also some years the Taurus had rounder headlights rather than the triangular ones on the car pictured that's another clue to the year.

Edited by slantasaurus

• 5 weeks later...