Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes Actros & Trailer, Now

Thank you, Kostas....I appreciate the information on this....Oddly, even with the internet, I haven't been able to find much on this truck...And I haven't seen any here in Texas......So, I'm glad that SOMEBODY knows.....'Cause I was sure scratchin' my head on this one.....Thanks, again....And I could use some more pictures of this thing, too, as I have about 5 more of these that I haven't built, yet..... :D

JT,

The Mercedes-Benz Actros kit that Italeri did is a very nice kit, it comes together it self and especialy for this kit, I could say that it is 100% acurate.

There is only one tricky step about possitioning the front axle, many builders doing this wrong and the truck is sitting higher in the front than it should be.

A few years ago Italeri did the MK2 (facelift) version #3824, later did the Black Edition #3841 and this year did the MK3 (also facelift), of the megaspace cab, witch all are also nice kits but no acurate due to the fact that Italeri probably was downsising the costs, and didn't update the tools by adding all the new components that new emision regulations added to the trucks (add blue tank, catalysators, filters etc.).

The same luck had all the facelift kits Italeri did of European trucks (Scanias, volvos, Dafs, Mans) the last 10 years. At least the all new Iveco Stralis they did is 100% acurate model, maybe they changed their minds and they heard our opinions.

I wish they do a US tractor soon.

Kostas.

JT,

The Mercedes-Benz Actros kit that Italeri did is a very nice kit, it comes together it self and especialy for this kit, I could say that it is 100% acurate.

There is only one tricky step about possitioning the front axle, many builders doing this wrong and the truck is sitting higher in the front than it should be.

A few years ago Italeri did the MK2 (facelift) version #3824, later did the Black Edition #3841 and this year did the MK3 (also facelift), of the megaspace cab, witch all are also nice kits but no acurate due to the fact that Italeri probably was downsising the costs, and didn't update the tools by adding all the new components that new emision regulations added to the trucks (add blue tank, catalysators, filters etc.).

The same luck had all the facelift kits Italeri did of European trucks (Scanias, volvos, Dafs, Mans) the last 10 years. At least the all new Iveco Stralis they did is 100% acurate model, maybe they changed their minds and they heard our opinions.

I wish they do a US tractor soon.

Kostas.

Thanks, Kostas....I appreciate all the info.....I saw that Iveco kit.....Man, I want one of those.....I'm still waiting for the online sites to stock a few.....You're right about the other MB kits....I built one of those, too and, as a matter of fact, built this one using the instructions from the MK2.....Very similar kits.....Even the part numbers were mostly the same.....And, I'm hoping for a new US kit, too....Preferably, a new Peterbilt, 386 or something.....

Edited by kilrathy10

• 4 weeks later...

JT the decal came from the Cool Fruits Scania and trailer kit . you Merc looks great and I have the same gap on my Mercedes. I have anouther on the bench as a heavy haul lot of changes to be made and parts to be made as well .

Edited by Madd Trucker

• 4 weeks later...