Model Cars Magazine Forum

model of project 350 peterbilt

Thanks guys, when I started this project I didn't realize how long it was going to be. I will post some more pics as I get a little further. I'm thinking of cutting open the doors, but I have never done that before.

I got a little more done on the truck. I made the rear light plate and a rear cover for the frame rails but after doing this I realized I need to cut off the rear frame rails to pull it in so its more like the 1:1.

DSCF2098_zps00a8ea40.jpg

DSCF2099_zpsf43f49e3.jpg

DSCF2100_zps71091e17.jpg

this evening if anyone is interested I will post how I made the fenders.

Hey guys, I know that its been a while since I did an update on the progress of Project 350 but I have gotten a few more things done. First I trimmed the rear frame. The rear light panel sat back to much for me so I cut off about 1/4" of the rear frame, and it made such a big improvement. I also painted the fuel tanks, axle hubs, grill, rear fenders, and cat walk. I am going to start on the interior next, but its going to be really easy. Looking at the interior shots of the truck, Richie blacked out everything. Black gauges, bezels, seats, everything.

I did decide to use the traditional rectangle Pete headlights, I have a round set from the Revel Kenworth kit but I haven't decided what I going to do with that kit yet. Anyway here are some new pics.

shortened rear frame

DSCF2200_zps0eb3413b.jpg

the painting of some of the parts. From left to right painted with clear, next wet-sanded with 1000 grit, then 1 coat of wax, then 1 coat of polish.

DSCF2196_zpsfd662971.jpg

pic of the grill (I did do some touch up work around the light buckets after the pic was taken)

DSCF2198_zps8695d6c2.jpg

some pics of the parts on the truck but they are not glued down. You can see the tanks in these pics. I have also started to shave the cab lights and horns as you can see in the last pic.

DSCF2201_zps47657a34.jpg

DSCF2202_zps3dd95a82.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone I haven't done a update in a while, but then again I haven't got a lot more done since the last update. I got the body work done on the cab, sanded, primed and painted. also did the hood and front fenders. I got the interior finished and put in the cab, but I have no good photos of the interior. Its just basic gloss black like the original truck. I should have taken a little more time with the body filler on the cab I'm not happy with the results. The paint job turned out really good the pics. don't due justice to the finish even though I wave not waxed it yet. I have got it my tubing for the exhaust I just need to figure out how to hang it.DSCF2412_zpse5f78ec3.jpg

DSCF2415_zpsb3b25b89.jpg

DSCF2413_zps145191b8.jpg

DSCF2414_zpsde485ead.jpg