Model Cars Magazine Forum

My sons model

Greg Cullinan

My son is 9 years old.He's previously built a snap airplane at a make and take event plus one they gave him to bring home.Also a snap helicopter under his belt. This time He took a snap kit and built it with glue and paint.

Greg sprayed out of the can two coats of Duplicolor primer and two coats of Testors Transparent Candy Emeerald Green to the exterior and Testors Dark Blue for the interior.The goal was to match his bedroom which he accomplished.

He also picked out a 22" set of Pegasus wheels.

models4009-1.jpg

models4010-1.jpg

models4011-1.jpg

models4012-1.jpg

Excellent paint work. I'm not sure if the wheels fit the character of the vehicle or not, but the whole package works reasonably well.

What's most important is this young man is displaying a great deal of talent and a willingness missing in many of his peers to delay gratification more than 30 seconds.

Charlie Larkin

Excellent paint work. I'm not sure if the wheels fit the character of the vehicle or not, but the whole package works reasonably well.

What's most important is this young man is displaying a great deal of talent and a willingness missing in many of his peers to delay gratification more than 30 seconds.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie is right about getting the youth involved in our hobby. We have three sons, and only one has taken an interest in building at all. He realizes he needs to put the XBox controller down once in a while. Anyway, great job on your kit, I really like it! The paint is awesome and you have built it really clean! Good job!

Charlie is right about getting the youth involved in our hobby. We have three sons, and only one has taken an interest in building at all. He realizes he needs to put the XBox controller down once in a while. Anyway, great job on your kit, I really like it! The paint is awesome and you have built it really clean! Good job!

Trust me, Ed. After trying to teach for eight years, I've been watching what's wrong (and some of the things that are right) with our kids first-hand and in large dosages. It appears I may finally be able to move into something else, and I'm looking forward to it.

Charlie Larkin