Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebbro/Tamiya Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette

With this and Heller seemingly off life support I see several new French vehicles being added to my stash (and hopefully getting built). Now if someone would just do a Citroen DS. I can't beleive it has never been done in 1/24-1/25 being one of the best looking European cars ever built (at least in my opinion).

I'd much prefer them to turn the MK2 into an S type, a much under rated Jag'

attachicon.gifS Type.jpg

If that is something you ever want to attempt, I'm pretty sure that I have a very good profile blueprint of the S Type, which I reckon would be invaluable for such a conversion - PM me your email & I'll send it over to you. Btw, a Heller E Type kit would provide an excellent IRS too (I'm using one for the Airtrax Jag Mk10 that's in my to build pile) the one under the recently re-released Revell roadster is far too chunky.

Now if someone would just do a Citroen DS. I can't believe it has never been done in 1/24-1/25 being one of the best looking European cars ever built (at least in my opinion).

This has been my dream since I got back into modeling about ten years ago. And the gorgeousness of the DS is not just a matter of your opinion or mine. It is a scientifically proven fact that the DS is the most beautiful mass-produced automobile ever!

I don't know French or Japanese and sometimes have trouble with English but did anyone else notice what step #6 is called on the instructions ??? Installing Front Food ???

Geez, Ron, come on! That's obviously a typo, should have read assembling front food.

:P

• 11 months later...

I've had my eye out for one on ebay for a reasonable price when shipping is factored in, they all seem to run around 50US$ but I think they will come down at some point. I think they should release a Raid version which would just basically mean including some rally parts and decals. I totally love these cars.

jb

I've had my eye out for one on ebay for a reasonable price when shipping is factored in, they all seem to run around 50US$ but I think they will come down at some point. I think they should release a Raid version which would just basically mean including some rally parts and decals. I totally love these cars.

jb

And speaking of reasonable prices: I got this for $24.19 shipped to my door!

I paid $39.99 for mine. I also got the newer Trabant kit (with engine) at the same time. That's when I realized that I was within $2 of free shipping. So I added the Revell Beetle sedan, which was the same price as they wanted for shipping, so it was free. The entire order was like $75

that's how it is with me too: I am always 2$ short of free shipping! so of course I always find something else I "need" to get it, and then that item is basically free just like you say.

I would like to know where to get it for 25$ shipped...that's the kind of price I have been waiting for.

jb

I would like to know where to get it for 25$ shipped...that's the kind of price I have been waiting for.

jb

That's what I was waiting for, too. I couldn't believe that I'd won the auction when I checked. Probably a one-time thing, but it is just another example of the wondrous deals to be had on eBay if one persists and is vigilant.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool idea, I think you should go with that ;)

I would respectfully disagree. Unique tow vehicle, yes - but the amount of power available from the engine does not make it a good tow vehicle. All other things aside, The 2CV tended to have a "flower power, environmentalist, hippie" kind of stigma attached to it. I guess it would be less so with the van variety, but it would still be severely underpowered for towing even a midget. Not to mention being the laughing stock of the pits. Actually, the only way you could associate a 2CV with racing without loosing face is by actually racing it.

2cvcross-chateauroux-st-maur-0434_zps096

Oh, yeah - right. This tread was supposed to be about the van. Guess I goofed out on that. sorry

Ahh, the joys of building plastic models, and being able to do what may not work in real life ;)

No problem! Just take that little CV van, pop a Ferrari V12 in the back and we're good to go!

A sorta funny aside. I have a 1932 Ford Vicky that I built on top of a VW chassis as if it was a fiberglass kit car. At one show the head judge told me that although the car was nicely built, it would never win an award because it wasn't feasible!

Same contest, the winner in my class was a '39 Ford with a Ferrari V12 in it!