Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is the forum a free advertising venue for resin casters?

I am just curious. :? I was thinking of having someone shill for me but decided it was tacky. I will shill for myself though. Check out my products at aardvarkmodels.net. :) :twisted:

Happy building and be sure you buy QUALITY resin from people who back it up and deliver!

Thanks,

Andy Martin

ebay008.jpg

Unlike the "Brand -X" mag forum,I think these guys are cool with it.

Model Cars is more of community and builder forum to me.

I personally like to see guys post their products so we know what is out there to build with.

I personally would email the admins and ask first just out of respect.

Doug R

You can also submit a sample for a magazine review and they will be sure to mention you and your company, along with contact information in an upcoming issue.

Just a guess but I would think one of your kits as a sample is cheaper than an ad and from there you could gauge reaction/interest and become a regular advertiser in the magazine if it warrants.

I haven't seen the admin here remove any posts that were a shameless plug (unlike the other guys) but have seen them remove a post that was in poor taste.

Let us know about new items as you develop them.

Mike Scheve

i appreciate the fact that this forum is open to entreprenuers who want to show their resin products. its hard to get word out on good new products and i hope this place can serve as a forum to do that. i wish others would show their wares as well. maybe there can be a section to do just that? i mean if theres a new kit review section i dont really see the difference.

I may have it ready for NNL East. I am not sure. I just ordered the photo-etch. The pattern is ready but I must make molds, do up instructions and box art etc. I will at least have the pattern or castings on display. Price isn't set yet. Probably just shy of a bill. :shock: Thanks for asking.

Andy Martin

If the past is any indication, Martin casted my Holy Grail: The Corvette SS.

To this date, this resin kit is still considered a benchmark in the industry. And it was casted more than 15 years ago.

DSCF0002.JPG

I'm considering that Firebird III... not that I don't have enough projects :(

Thanks,

Oh stop you guys! You're embarassing me. :oops: Seriously though, I do really appreciate such kind words coming from such excellent model builders and nice guys such as you. Thank you very much.

:lol:

Embarass Andy Martin, now there is a tough concept to get your head around! :D:D

How ya' doin', Andy? Hope all is well. Did this little guy ever come back home, or is he still buried at Herb's place in SoCal?

1938D300-001.jpg

"AM-5" - "1938 International D-300" 1:43 Scale

1938D300-005.jpg

More HERE.

• 1 month later...

Actually, Zeb, this one was. It was done for CMA in the early 90s. I did the patterns, castings and first builds for Marshall Buck. He handled production. I think he said about 50 cars were sold. It was my finest hour, likely not to be repeated. Ah, memories!

barchetta3.jpg

barchetta2.jpg

barchettas.jpg

barchetta1.jpg

Almost forgot, the above Ferraris were 1/14th scale. I know it's weird but it's a European thing like 1/43rd is. Makes no sense but 1/25th doesn't either.

1:43 scale is a British invention for model railroads. It is "O" scale done in the very sensible ratio of 7mm=1 inch. :roll: :roll:

1:25 scale is a USA invention. Detroit did a lot of modeling in 1:10 scale so it was easier to convert to 1:25 rather than 1:24.

Does that clear things up? :D:D (Or would you like to hear about how USA "O" scale is 1:48 scale trains on 1:43 scale track?)

Ya! I knew that, Dave! Can you explain 1/14th?? I know the answer but want to test you! Actually the 1/25 was back in the pantograph days and the patterns were 1/10 because the drawings that Detroit sent to the model companies were in 1/10. They set the pantograph to reduce by 2 1/2 to 1 which of course ends up being 1/25. Of course today everything is digital and they don't even need patterns unless you are doing historical re-enactments like us sorry resin casters.

Almost forgot! 1/43rd is 7MM to the Foot, not inch. 7 MM is a bit over a quarter inch so 7mm to the inch would be a bit bigger than 1/4 scale!!!!!!!!

I'll shut up now. :roll:

My bad, of course it is 7mm=1 foot! :oops: :oops:

Now it makes a lot more sense. :wink: :wink:

It all started with the Rio 1/14th Atlantic to celebrate their 100th model which was a 1/43rd Atlantic. They make their patterns in 1/14th so they can pantagraph down 3-1 to get 1/43 (all rounded off). Weird, Huh! Some of the other Eye-talians started to chime in in the same scale. I have no idea how 1/28th(Japanese) or 1/22(Togi Alfa kits from Italy) or all the other weird scales started. My brain is full :shock: and it is full of mostly useless stuff. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I bet Art Anderson knows though !

Take care, Dave!