Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to a LHS yesterday and picked up a couple bottles of Floquil CN Orange #11. Also, the store bought a model collection and I grabbed a Jo-Han '70 Plymouth Superbird right off the cart before it went on the shelf. It was still factory sealed, although pretty ratty, and I payed about the average price for it. It's a newer kit and the mold is showing its age and use...lots of flash.

I'd be more than happy to take the Peacemaker off your hands. :D

I've been looking up info on these and I think it's really cool. Only two problem I have are the size and how am I going to get the polished aluminium finish. I'm gonna build it someday when my skills reach the level I want them to.

What I got today was very good news. My wife was transfered out of the ICU and into a single person regular hospital room. Plus, she can have food from the regular menu !!! This is huge !!!!

Awesome news...I hope her healing continues!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was fairly expensive, but all relative to my situation. If it gets too hot in the storage I can move this inside while wife and kids are not around and continue to work. I purchased it through amazon Prime, so I think it was liek $370 shipped to me

Wow! Nice score Gary!!

Got these on Wednesday at Hobbytown...

image_zps460484f9.jpg

When I walked in they had this on the clearance table...

I have yet to take it out of the plastic... So I'm not sure if it is a resin or made from plastic... The owner was working on it and decided he didn't want it anymore.... Got it for a buck... Passenger side has a crack and the b pillars need to be re worked... But for a buck, I'm not complaining...

image_zpsfdd049d5.jpg

Got my new DSLR, a Nikon D3100 today :)

Now I can make very nice pics.

Congratulation! That's a very nice camera body ... I have a 5100 and a D80 I used many years before that. The lens you use to take model photos is everything, though. If you got the kit lens, I'm not sure it will be satisfactory, but I don't know much about those. Just give a test to see if you can focus with a model filling the frame at least. I got a Tamron AF 90mm Macro lens for closeups and have been very happy with it. both cost and performance.

Edit: I got curious and looked up a review on the kit lens ... seems there is a macro mode that will get plenty close for model needs. :) Be sure to post some photos!

Edited by Foxer

Congratulation! That's a very nice camera body ... I have a 5100 and a D80 I used many years before that. The lens you use to take model photos is everything, though. If you got the kit lens, I'm not sure it will be satisfactory, but I don't know much about those. Just give a test to see if you can focus with a model filling the frame at least. I got a Tamron AF 90mm Macro lens for closeups and have been very happy with it. both cost and performance.

Edit: I got curious and looked up a review on the kit lens ... seems there is a macro mode that will get plenty close for model needs. :) Be sure to post some photos!

Thanks! After some test shots I'm very happy.

I would try to make pictures of my models with the macro mode, but not this weekend, there I'm at a hot rod meeting :)

I just got the kit lens but I want to buy some other in the next time. I will take a look on the Tamron 90mm Macro lens.

So next week I will post some pictures of my 59 Cadillac which I build at the moment, than we see how good the kit lens is :)

I got a big package from VCG Resins. The first two copies of my LS7 crate motor, 6 T-56 six- speed manuals, 3 of the 6L80 six-speed autos, a half dozen sets of the 572 valve covers and a pair of the resin EFI BBC intakes from the AMT '67 Impala.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...