Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Peterbilt 359 - Finished

Thanks guys for looking in.

Bobby - I have never had any issues with using Elmer's glue . For years I had used it to glue canopy's on aircraft - some of those builds have been around for 20 years and no harm to the paint. I also have used it as a cheater for small gaps (again on canopy's)

I had missed and did not want to go back and use putty. Mind you these were small gaps that would show after paint. It does shrink some when filling gaps but add some more and clean up any excess with a damp Q-tip.

But it does work really well for masking off small parts.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

• 2 weeks later...

Mark - thanks for looking in and commenting.Following your build has distracted me some and gave me ideas for that next truck :lol:

Clayton - I call Elmers the poor mans liquid mask..

Still plugging away at this - I have roughly 7 hrs a day of quiet modeling time. I get about 30 minutes at the bench and spend the rest of my time looking at Tim's awesome sight :) What turns out to be a quick look at a reference turns into where did the day go.

Here is my latest progress.

P5233461.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Glad you guys like the dash. Maybe I still have some of that mojo from painting all those aircraft IP's for years on end :lol:

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Got the hood mounted and figuring the modifications to make the cab line up nice.

P5263466.jpg

Thanks for looking in :)

Funny you should mention that Sean! the Road Boss has no provisions for brake knobs,i am fashioning some from square stock (tractor) hex stock (trailer) and round,as I believe a truck of it's vintage would also be equipped with a tractor protection brake. As all have mentioned,very nice work on your dash! I am experimenting with some woodgraining techiques for some future projects,just lack the time to spend any serious time at my bench!......................Mark

Thanks Terry :)

Beings this is my first Pete I have ever built , my instruction sheet is nothing but notes on what Not to do and how to do my next one.

I painted the fuel tanks with Alclad, BMF for the straps and cap, stripped the chrome steps :rolleyes: and painted them body color.

Getting down to the last of the parts.

P5283480.jpg

Thanks for looking in.