Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Hilux Drift Truck

this is going to be a rebuild of a truck I made ages ago this truck will be more streetable plans are to give the exterior a freshen up with refitting the tray and fitting a set of wheels from a mini cooper for the interior I plan to give it a wrx dash, 1 wrx seat for the driver and 1 seat from a dual cab Hilux fro the passenger for the steering wheel I am tossing up whether to use the stock Hilux wheel or a wheel from a supra.

comments and constructive criticism welcome

post-13845-0-21646000-1400851289_thumb.j

Brayden , I rode through a whole set of tires with a guy who drifted a Yota like that with a Nissan engine in it one Saturday night a while back

I'm going to send him a link to your build I think he'll find it to be really cool like I do

You've inspired me to do a Dodge D50 Drift truck when I start my next batch of builds

got some more done to this unfortunately where I live the weather is terrible so paint won't happen with plenty of time I decided to convert it from a curbside with a ford engine so should be a beast when finished. with colour scheme I'm thinking about aluminium/silver. thanks for all the help you guys have being giving me I am an amateur compared to guys.

post-13845-0-93253800-1401958465_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

it's time to bring this project back while I won't be using the single cab anymore I am now hopefully building two trucks one is a drift 'missile while the other is a daily driver weekend drifter sort of truck eventually I ill be adding a v8 720 drifter as well