Model Cars Magazine Forum

SCREAMING YELLOW ZONKER

GrandpaMcGurk

Many thanks guys.......

Yeah I think that's what it was called Jim. It wasn't very pretty or shiny, ha, ha.

Looked a bit like house paint applied with a broom.

I'm working on building up the frame and suspension now. It's going to have to be pretty sturdy........even though I cut down and gutted the 1/6th die cast block it's still a hefty chunk compared to plastic. Should have some more pics soon.

I guess some days are better than others...huh?

I was in the shop this morning sippin' on my black coffee and eyeballin' the Zonker......yep, you guessed it, in walks Mr. Bones to check on the progress of his ride.

It always makes me nervous when a client shows up unexpectedly.

He walked around it scratching his hairless chin and replied "I really like the ride dude, but it got no tunes....no tunes, no deal!"

I tried to explain to him that I didn't have a lot of real estate on the inside of the Fiat to fool with but he just wouldn't budge..it's got to have some rock & roll!

So I guess the first order of biz is to cobble up a package tray to mount speakers in.......

236.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Okay gang, help me out a little if you would......

Mr. Bones doesn't want to mess with an under-driven street blower......he wants to be able to drive this thing on the street using regular old gyp joint convenience store pump gas.

Below are some mock ups of 1/8th TDR Innovations parts that I haven't tweaked out or painted yet......they are white and may be little hard to see the detail, but it's there. What combo would you like to see on the finished build.

Here's a photo of the cut down 1/6 scale manifold....bear in mind that I haven't done the heads or those huge Hemi valve covers yet.

Azonkintake001.jpg

Here's a couple of old school four barrels.....

Azonkintake003.jpg

More options coming in a few.

Before someone calls me out on it...I know those are side draft Webers, but I figure being a cartoon car I have a built in fudge factor, Ira said so! Hee, hee.

I've seen a similar Weber set up on the MPC 1/16th scale Cobra... :)