Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova outlaw prostreet Finished (09/02/12)

tyrone

Dave thanks for the comments I feel like I got a good grade on my report card from the teacher...lol.... :D

Wayne thanks bro I appreciate it....

Robert thanks dude I knew you'd like it....

well I got the rear wheels done I sanded the molded in screws and the lip off, drilled shallow holes, painted them black, and used bolthead details from protech.....

018.jpg

020.jpg

I also made a mounting board for some of the electronics...

021.jpg

I also got the engine painted, and painted the headers, using different shades of alclad,, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

024-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks fellas I really appreciate it, this one has grown on me too.... I'm not sure on a color yet but it will have the black yenko stripes and black wheels, I'm open for ideas on the paint though kind of wanted to go with a factory color offered on these....

hey, Tyrone, looking good as usual. as far as i know, yenko novas were a very rare animal. i believe the colors were, garnet red, lemans blue, rally green and fathom green. my choice would be the rally green, black top, black stripe (or white would look killer also). i have seen most of your builds and you are like me, a bunch of reds, blues and blacks. i think this green will really set this car off!!

Rom you aint right... lol.... naw the reason I was asking is because if this is that tubbs, he had a nice ford truck build going on and I was wanting to know if there was any progress ??? It was a good looking project...

Edited by tyrone

Thanks Tubbs, I was thinking about green too, but I'm leaning towards yellow, or a grayish, silver... we'll see.. and thanks buddy, you're the guy from the other forum right???

yea, i am. i know some people left that forum. good to see your still cranking them out!! i mostly just lurk around on this sight. build way too slow to post here. but, i have to say i have some stuff in the works that will give your chevys a run for thier money!!!

Rom you aint right... lol.... naw the reason I was asking is because if this is that tubbs, he had a nice ford truck build going on and I was wanting to know if there was any progress ??? It was a good looking project...

that me. and yes, after flopping out of that CBP, its finally back on the bench. getting the body finished up before i start tearing into the evergreen rod!!!

so, to get back on this thread....... a nice grey, black top, stripe........ hmmmmm, i think i have one of those yenco's laying around...... i think those are terrible colors Tyrone ......... hehehe (evil laugh)

I know i can be so evil sometimes :lol: MUHAHAHA! But Id like to see this project ford truck too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What's up fellas,, I've picked up some pieces from Dirt Modeler... kirkey seats, four link mounts and dzus fastener mounting tabs and they look really nice... I had to mock up one of the seats in the nova... once painted with metalizer aluminum and some padding It's gonna look good,... I'll be working on this one this weekend... so stay tuned,....

008-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

005-6.jpg

Edited by tyrone