Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: Revell 1/12 Mustang Shelby GT500 FULL REVIEW

David Thibodeau

Truly awesome and drop dead gorgeous build. I hope I can do as well. My only comment would be that the cobra emblems seem just a tad too low but without a locator hole. that's got to be a difficult attachment. The stance seems right on for the non performance package (which is slightly lower).

post-8628-0-23179000-1316700603_thumb.jp

I've got this kit, got it for $53 at a lhs here. Been playing with the wheels and what ifs.

These rims are from an r/c car, cut down and made a lip for the rear, and yeah it would have to be cut they the subchassis and the seats to get these to even get to fit.

2011-09-12_23-39-46_549.jpg

Im planning on going at least this low with similar rims, a possible blower setup. The new hot rod magazine shows the one im building, except mine is going in the light green mustang color and stripes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gt500 looks killer, just got the kit myself. I was curious what would be a good airbrush setup for scale models? I've always used spray cans and have gotten good results on 1:24/25 scale but wanna take it to another level especially with the 1:12 scale. Any suggestions? Also was wondering if you could maybe email me pics of the gt500 so I can zoom in and check it out? Thanks

• 3 months later...

Very impressive! 3  up! I can't say i'm a Blue-Oval fan & i probably won't be buying this kit, well not for myself. If a mate or work friend wanted it/built, i'd most definitely recommend or build it for them 

What i'd really love  would be a new Charger/Challenger in this scale... Now i would buy a dozen of them 

Anyone have any inside info' if Revell/any other company has plans for a large scale new Mopar??

Cheers Cliffo 

As far as I know the 1/16th scale Chargers from Round2 are the only big MoPars out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought this kit today. Ive been looking at it for a couple months. It was time for it to come home with me. I will be painting it Grabber blue. Looks like a very nice kit. I will have to try the marker on the windows as I cant paint straight. I also have the 2010 hotwheels of this 12th scale model. I look forward to building it. Those are some very sharp pics of that model. Very nicely done & detailed. Thumbs up on that kit. :)

• 5 months later...