Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern big rig tires

I got my first set of 3D printed tires today. I want to make a few tweaks and have them re-printed before I make a mold, but all in all they came out pretty good.

003_zpsb7d7e541.jpg

004_zpsd0d7008c.jpg

get them printed hollow save yourself some money just put a plug hole on the inside of the "tube" and make the innards hollow then when it comes to molding time just plug the hole with Ca or tape.

Those look really good. Keep us posted when they are available. Have you thought about doing super single rims and tires?

Thanks! I have thought about making some super single rims and tires, I just have to have the time to draw them up. At the moment I am busy making molds for the 4 tires that I currently have, as well as an assortment of rims and other parts that I have 3D printed.

Thanks! I have thought about making some super single rims and tires, I just have to have the time to draw them up. At the moment I am busy making molds for the 4 tires that I currently have, as well as an assortment of rims and other parts that I have 3D printed.

Ben Wicker's tires and rims are top notch quality.

Will yours be up to his standards?

Here is a complete wheel set. I have been building up a stock pile of my stemco oil hubs, brake drums, drive hubs, and hub caps. I have 2-hole and 5-hole rims in 22.5" and 24.5" sizes, but I am still working on making molds for all of these.

004_zpse27c76bf.jpg

It's not whether it makes me feel better, it's proper scale.

The problem is that Italeri wheels are not to 1/24 scale. Ever measure one? They work out to 23" in diameter in 1/24 scale. They work out to 24" in 1/25 scale however.

Edited by KJ790