Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ever mixed a custom paint, and wanted to spray it on a body but didn't have an airbrush?

You can use one of these kits to make this a do-able task....

LS%20Las1.jpg

I purchased the one I used from Napa Auto parts, but they are probably available at any parts house. Just pour your paint into the jar point and instant aerosol.

At 15.00 (roughly) probably not the best solution, but a handy weapon to have when you need it! Hope this helps.

That's one way of spraying bottle or decanted paint if you have no airbrush. I prefer and use the Testor's version of this where it is a can of propellant,a device that fits on top the can and an airbrush type bottle snaps into that device.

You can shoot almost any kind of liquid thru this.You do have to warm the can and don't shake it while spraying.

I have one of those Testors spray brush things. Works great and I love using it, but the one I have always seems to "stick" so that when I press down on the button it doesn't stop spraying. I have to then pull the "lid" off in order to stop it and this wastes a ton of the air. Of course, the connection is a proprietary thing so this means I have to buy more Testor's air.

If I figure out how to get this little "lid" to connect to an air compressor that I have, I'll pass the instructions along here.

I don't think it's that bad. I certainly would not use it for any detailed work where tight tolerances are needed, but when I need to paint a large area with a color (things like interior pieces, clearcoats, chassis, etc.) it works just fine. For only $25 I think it's well worth the money. I honestly consider it to be a very good set of "airbrush training wheels". :P