Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 57 Ford Custom Sedan

Sixties Sam

Hi, all. My first build of the year is this 57 Ford from the new Revell kit. It's all stock except for a pair of fender skirts. The finish is Krylon in a color called celery. It looked close to Ford's Willow Green from 1957, so I used it. Testors wet look clear was sprayed over it. The whitewalls were painted with an acrylic paint marker. Interior is an olive green with the kit decals on the seats and side panels. This is a beautiful kit - well designed and made. It went together well except that the hood will only open a tiny bit without binding up at the front. It was fine until I made the final assembly. Maybe I didn't get the radiator quite right. Here are some pics.

8359364404_f3bc2faac8_z.jpg

8359365188_b1f444ef60_z.jpg

8359002935_cee4645b5d_z.jpg

8359002359_61aa56414c_z.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics. My camera settings were a little off.

I enjoyed this build. I hope you like it. Comments welcome.

Sam

Cleanly done. I like that a lot. Reshoot that puppy willya? I want to see the interior.

G

Wayne, here's a pic of the interior during the build.

8362364547_ea11ddfde9_z.jpg

Those decals went on easily, and I like the look of them.

Pharoah, the skirts are from an old AMT 57 Ford from the 1960's. I shortened them a little.

Sam

Edited by Sixties Sam

Very nice looking '57 Ford Sam! One of the best looking ones I've seen yet! I really like the color on it and the fender skirts are a perfect touch. Well done!