Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Sadly, the only way to get the stance where it needs to be is to do inner wheel well surgery to move them in/up enough to fit the wheels/tires like they should be. I find it odd that you can slam the real car almost to her rocker panels but you can't even get a realistic ride height out of the model.............great job on scaling the chassis, Revell. :)

Hey,don't complain...they coulda just scrapped the project when they saw the ride height was off :wacko: ,at least they produce a good looking workable kit (or 7) out of the original mold. I just hope they add the missing links coming out of Ford (like the '11 GT and BOSS 302).

Looking pretty good to my eye,Jonathan :D

I finally cracked open the clear plastic on the Bullitt a few minutes ago,and I recieved the resin hood from LSM a couple days back,so I had to post up a pic :D ...

LSMMustangCowl4.jpg

LSMMustangCowl6.jpg

LSMMustangCowl7.jpg

Ahhhh....not too much,just enough (cowl induction). Already pre-filled any imperfections before he ships,ready to be washed in Bleache-White,and thinned down for a perfect fit (LOL,I've bought from LSM for years,I'm not a paid advertisor,just a loyal customer ;) ).

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Well its about time you cracked one of the stang kits open :D , that hood is really nice, going to give it a mean dont mess with me look . I still have a little bit more room to go on the front wheel wells with out having to grind down the inside. I was doing some more research on KITT, and for a brief second in the opening credits , you can see the rear underside and it has a plate that is covering up the under carriage.

And during one of the shows, (watch 3 so far) when the car is jumping the CG version of the car has a complete under carriage plate. So I started cutting up some sheet styrene to see if I want to try and go route .

Edited by martinfan5

How are you going to work in the ability to transform into an F150? :P

It's been so long since I've seen it,I can't remember the undercarriage,but that would make sense for what KITT was used\built for.

Thanks on the hood. I'm also thinking about using a set of Pegasus Chrome T's (looks lots like pollished Torq Thrusts like I ran on my old Blazer),though at around 20-scale-inches or more,I'll probably have to mod the wheelwells (ie: remove them entirely,LOL).

I'm HOPING the neck will ease up a bit (that's pretty dang bad,to hurt too bad fro a near 11 year old injury to sit at the bench :unsure: ),I'll get that Daytona done tonight. I did the remaining detail painting and some of the minor assembly,just need to bring it on home now,an hour maybe? LOL! :P

Funny you bring, I was thinking about that last night when watching the one the episodes, I think 20's would work, and look good with the right wheel.

I hear you on the pain, well ok not close but I am feeling it tonight, help unload a Uhaul that had a lot of wood furniture , my knees and back feel like a slege hammer has been hitting them.

Well you are in luck, if you want to watch the show here is a link to a site that has all the episodes, and its free to watch them http://www.casttv.co...ws/knight-rider this is where I have been watching them at

Here is a pic of the rear under side

krp.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

COOL! Thanks for the link! Hopefully it's "streaming video",as this computer is known for being durable,but it has about 1/5 the amount of memory\speed of your average $500 new one (.99 gigs or whatever it's called,instead of the normal 5-7),LOL,but it was cheap and got us going.

Sorry to hear you're feeling it a bit too. Mine is due to the breaks healing wrong,amongst other trauma caused ailments there (scoliosis,desintigrated discs\fused vertibrea-at least 6-degenerative disc disease I didn't have before,etc,etc,etc,plus I felt C3 "slip" out last week,which it does on occasion,just the tiniest fraction of a movement,but causes pressure to be on the chord,sending "false pain signals" everywhere...I could say "ya get used to it",and I sart to believe that during a good spell,then it hits and well,ya don't :unsure: )...suffice it to say,I can emphasize with\for you there. I've become moderately an expert,at least with my own spine,since that happened in 2001. NOT that I'm complaining-I ain't,it coulda been so much worse (breaking one's neck in 2 places),and I still enjoy lots I always did (including mtn biking),even if only during random "spells".

Anyways,I got all but one bit of detail painting done on that other build (that's holding this one up) today\tonight,all that's left in the morning is assembly,and those few brush strokes under the hood (air filter housing,battery and radiator hose are all molded in place and were sprayed body color),and of course,the shooting\posting of pics,LOL! I'm getting pretty anxious to get the Bullitt going :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I have to give you credit you have a great attitude for having all that pain, it sounds like you can still enjoy life which is all that matters. Since we are the subject of back pain, my mom just had back surgery today , I hope she is able to ride her horse again she has not been able to now for awhile.

Yes that is a streaming site, you should have no problems watching the episodes, just be careful, it might make you want to build K.I.T.T.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom,my friend,much thoughts and prayers headed her way,hope she heals fast.

LOL,I'll just live vicariously through your build of KITT for now,though you're right...when it aired on TV,I wanted to build one,hahaha!

And thanks. My wife will attest,the attitude ain't always so pleasant with it,LOL,and I went through that whole "bitter feeling sorry for me" moods early on-until the first time I saw someone who had it much worse,that humbled me a bit. I may have already said any mount of this here,LOL,short term memory ain't always so great either cause of it (since it was technically a head injury,hit i hard enough to snap the neck...),but hey,that gives me a built in excusefor not getting chores done sometimes (being tat I'm te house-Dad now) ;):PB)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Getting a little more work done, chassis is done, well I still am deciding if I want to add the under plate and figuring that all out. Painted the trim on body and applied some decals . As you can see in one the pics, I add to move the spare tire compartment up a little so the rear plate would fit better.

kr4-1.jpg

kr3-1.jpg

kr2-2.jpg

kr1-2.jpg

Forgive my potential stupidity and certainly not a criticism as this is a great build........... but why the gold floor pan? I've never crawled under a late model Mustang or even seen pictures of the real underside.... so I'm curious. Could it really be that color on the 1:1 cars?

I even feel a little embarrased asking this question.

IDK either,LOL! Bear in mind he's not building a rep-stock with this one,but a TV car replica...Jonathan? :huh:

BTW,never feel embarrassed to ask a question. There ARE some dumb ones*,but very very few,and that certainly wasn't one of em :)

(*I passed a cop this one time,he was sitting on the side of the road kinda hidden,when rolled past him doing 15-20MPH over the posted limit,and with no seatbelt on. He chased me down-while I was puttng my seatbelt on-and when he walked up he said,and I quote "You didn't have your seatbelt on when you went by me back there...did you just now put it on?"......um....... :blink: ....... :mellow: ......."No" I said with straight face,LOL! THAT'S a dumb question :lol:

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Lol did that teach you wear your seat belt?, I wont even say I am an expert on mustangs, for some reason the newer mustangs have a gold like undercoating on them, from what I have read from some members on here that its an option. I was not going to do it on this one, but I forgot do some over spray on chassis and did the detail painting on it first.

I know some one on this forum has a better answer for you then I do