Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Hemi Charger

mopar_guy1

Wow! Very nice. Unlike a lot of others, I've always like the '66 and '67 Chargers. You did a great job on with kit. Love the red lines, by the way. Was that done with the kit's decals? Or some other way?

Scott

I simply brush painted these lines.......

Nahhhh Just kiddng...lol It was the kit decals.

That's really good looking Charger. Nice paint job and sharp BMF work. Especially those chrome trims on fender openings are really hard to get right, looks like you nailed it. The engine bay is a piece of art as well, fantastic detailing and all those wires sure seem to be in scale. Only thing I might do would be drilling the carburetor throats open. Your engine detailing is so nice otherwise that this little thing kinda catches my eye. But overall it's a very small problem and the model is very well built. I couldn't do this any better.

I totally feel you for the carbs details. In fact, the carb tops are from another kit. They were more realistic than the ones from the box, but yet, i should've worked them a bit more.

That's a real downer that bugs me, the majority of the carbs for 1/24-1/25 kits really sucks. Not realistic at all. I've build tree kits that had realistic carbs: AMT Plymouth duster 1971, the AMT dodge charger 1971 and the Revell 1969 Dodge Charger. Since i don't want to purchase full models only to cannibalise one part, I've search the net to find a company that makes hyper realistic cards for 1/24, 1/25 kits. Nothing interesting from "Delail master", and nothing esle on the net either.

Thank for the constructive critic. I'm always open for suggestions. :)

That's a real downer that bugs me, the majority of the carbs for 1/24-1/25 kits really sucks. Not realistic at all. I've build tree kits that had realistic carbs: AMT Plymouth duster 1971, the AMT dodge charger 1971 and the Revell 1969 Dodge Charger. Since i don't want to purchase full models only to cannibalise one part, I've search the net to find a company that makes hyper realistic cards for 1/24, 1/25 kits. Nothing interesting from "Delail master", and nothing esle on the net either.

I agree completely! Carburetor is absolutely the most unrealistic part of every kit and there are only a few that are realistic. I haven't built any of those three kits, but I remember seeing a carburetor from that AMT Duster and it looked really good. Another one I like is the Rochester from Revell Black Widow '57 Chevy and Jo-Han's '71 Pro Stock Barracuda has decent Dominators.

I wish someone made detailed aftermarket carburetors, too. I'd definitely buy them!

I agree completely! Carburetor is absolutely the most unrealistic part of every kit...

So put an air filter on there! Problem solved!

In fact the engine color is ok. The exterior lighting makes it appear red. Here is a pic of the same engine.

24vjvjc.jpg

Still looks red to me.

I agree completely! Carburetor is absolutely the most unrealistic part of every kit and there are only a few that are realistic. I haven't built any of those three kits, but I remember seeing a carburetor from that AMT Duster and it looked really good. Another one I like is the Rochester from Revell Black Widow '57 Chevy and Jo-Han's '71 Pro Stock Barracuda has decent Dominators.

I wish someone made detailed aftermarket carburetors, too. I'd definitely buy them!

Here is some exemple of the models i made with realistic caruraters. The six pack was cannibalised from the duster kit.

24qjzwl.jpg

2093kup.jpg

That is one NICE Charger! Engine looks really great! IIRC, Hemi's were more a OSHA safety orange, and not the Hemi Orange used for the body color.

P5050291-vi.jpg

But I shouldn't be talking..............I'm the guy that painted his '49 Merc engine light blue when it should've been green! :o

Beautiful work!

So put an air filter on there! Problem solved!

Sometimes that solves the problem, that's right! On a street car it's not a problem, but I build mostly Drag Race cars and they very rarely have air cleaners. And that causes the problem. ;)

But again, very nice looking Charger!

That is one INCREDIBLE build, the details are a step up on most builds and the pics you took could just about sell it a the real deal.

Good to hear that from another mopar enthousiast..

Thanks for your comment.

Edited by mopar_guy1

• 2 weeks later...