Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Mustang Boss 302 - School Bus Yellow - Update - Gaps Fixed

RandyB.

Just finished this Boss this afternoon. Good kit but I did encounter a few fit issues with this kit especially with the front end. A little trimming of unseen plastic fixed the problem. Finished in factory color "School Bus Yellow". Thanks for checking her out. :)

Revell2013MustangBoss302a_zps0262ee7b.jp

Revell2013MustangBoss302b_zpsa74fc344.jp

Revell2013MustangBoss302c_zpsc0104819.jp

Revell2013MustangBoss302d_zpsa71c517c.jp

Edited by RandyB.

You kind of went overboard on the panel lines where the front and rear fascia meet the body panels. On the real car those seams are very tight and almost invisible... you shouldn't have made them so black and noticeable. Aside from that, nice work!

mustang_zps12cedc20.jpg

You kind of went overboard on the panel lines where the front and rear fascia meet the body panels. On the real car those seams are very tight and almost invisible... you shouldn't have made them so black and noticeable. Aside from that, nice work!

mustang_zps12cedc20.jpg

Thanks everyone. Harry the reason the panel lines look black is because of the fit issues I mentioned in my post. That was as tight as I could get them. I already new they should be tighter but you have to work with what the kit gives you. The seams are not painted black....it's just the shadow of the gap making them look that way.

Edited by RandyB.

Thanks everyone. Harry the reason the panel lines look black is because of the fit issues I mentioned in my post. That was as tight as I could get them. I already new they should be tighter but you have to work with what the kit gives you. The seams are not painted black....it's just the shadow of the gap making them look that way.

Oh, ok. I didn't realize those were separate parts.

Excellent model, Randy. It's really too bad about the panel gaps, they really detract from the appearance of your work. Could you perhaps flow a little body color into the gaps with a fine point brush to soften the harshness?

I'm about to start this kit and even in my mockup I could tell the fascias didn't fit well. Did you have trouble getting the chassis and body to fit also? Mine are a tight squeeze.

Thanks again everyone. Michael...I didn't have too much problem with the chassis fitting into the body but the front and rear fascia was an issue for sure in terms of fit.

A great build up of this model. Details under the hood look awesome. A few questions if you don't mind ...

Do you have any chassis pics?

Did you adjust the ride height?

How did you do the lettering on the intake plenum?

School bus yellow looks great. I think I will try one in Gotta Have It Green.