Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 Ford salt flat/dry lake car

cobraman

Finished this one up today with the exception of the rivet decals I ordered and were/are going to use on the shirts to replicate how they are held on. Anyway , this is the re-release of the AMT 36. I filled the door handles holes as well as the rumble seat detail. I wired the engine and made the front skirts from sheet plastic. Decals are from the parts box. The paint is Fathom Green and Tamiya Silver Leaf on the skirts. I don't normally like greens too much but I really like this one. It was also clear coated. Not exactly the outcome I was shooting for but at least it's different. Good or bad I will leave to you. Comments as always are welcome pro or con.

done36ford001_zps47f470ed.jpg

done36ford002_zps3e14de9f.jpg

done36ford003_zps31c1289f.jpg

done36ford004_zpsc9f54a1c.jpg

Good looking Ford! Salt Flat cars are rarely seen as models, which is a shame because they are really nice. I'm glad to see this one. You did a great job with the paint and decals. I don't like the skirts that much, but I must say that they are very nicely done, too! B)

Looks good. I dont particularly care for the skirts, I like seeing the wheels. I think it needs some sort of front splitter to make the air go over the car rather than under.

Plus, some daylight shots might make that green pop.

good work though!! love old fords!