Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where could I find wheels like what are on this car?

The car is a Dale Earnhardt Intimidator Camaro that I would like to try to build, but I don't know waht to do for the wheels. I know that somebody on here will have an answer. Please don't lead me to aftermarket , as I would prefer a kit to work with. Thanks in advance.post-9905-0-47968900-1362776821_thumb.jp

Edited by wrecker388

They look alot like the wheels on this car: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71760

You could ask the OP of that thread what he used, paint the centers and you're there

Just looked at Seans web site, from his site:

The wheels and tires are Pegasus Hobbies Virage BBS style rims, but I modified the centers of each wheel so they would have a deeper offset. The centers were then painted Model Master titanium gray.

shelby2.jpgmustang7.jpggt350_1.jpgmustanghood.jpg

Other mods include Pro-Tech (PTMC 6) photo-etch hood pins and Pro-Tech (PITMC15) license plate frames from Pro-Tech. These are really nice parts and very easy to work with.

Click here to check out Pro-Tech's web site.

Edited by Blown03SVT

The cool thing about that particular set of Pegasus wheels (I've got some here) is that the centers slip out of the rims. To modify them like in the photos above for deeper offset, all you have to do is remove material from the backsides of the centers, and pop them back in. Because the centers come out, they can also easily be stripped of chrome and painted.

If you absolutely don't want aftermarket (?) they are similar to the single-center-nut racing wheels in the Corvette C5-R & the Porsche 911 GT-1 Evo.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The cool thing about that particular set of Pegasus wheels (I've got some here) is that the centers slip out of the rims. To modify them like in the photos above for deeper offset, all you have to do is remove material from the backsides of the centers, and pop them back in. Because the centers come out, they can also easily be stripped of chrome and painted.

If you absolutely don't want aftermarket (?) they are similar to the single-center-nut racing wheels in the Corvette C5-R & the Porsche 911 GT-1 Evo.

I just don't really want to drop money on a set of wheels is all.

Sorry I lead you aftermarket... they were the closest looking thing I remember seeing. On the flip side Pegasus stuff is generally priced very well. Around $10. The wheels on the Road Runner look sort of close in spoke design but the positive offset is way off

Edited by Blown03SVT

Gonna be cheaper than buying a kit and taking the wheels from it.

True, I guess i didn't think of that. But, I was thinking more like a 2N1 or 3N1 to rob one se from and have another to build the car with.

Edited by wrecker388

True, I guess i didn't think of that. But, I was thinking more like a 2N1 or 3N1 to rob one se from and have another to build the car with.

The Civic Tuner kits from Revell have three sets of wheels per kit.

They look alot like the wheels on this car: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71760

You could ask the OP of that thread what he used, paint the centers and you're there

Just looked at Seans web site, from his site:

The wheels and tires are Pegasus Hobbies Virage BBS style rims, but I modified the centers of each wheel so they would have a deeper offset. The centers were then painted Model Master titanium gray.

shelby2.jpgmustang7.jpggt350_1.jpgmustanghood.jpg

Other mods include Pro-Tech (PTMC 6) photo-etch hood pins and Pro-Tech (PITMC15) license plate frames from Pro-Tech. These are really nice parts and very easy to work with.

Click here to check out Pro-Tech's web site.

Wow, that is a very nice Shelby! May i ask what kit you used?

Joe.

The Civic Tuner kits from Revell have three sets of wheels per kit.

Important question: do those wheels have 4 lugs or 5? A quick Google search showed that there are a lot of 4-lug wheels out there for 1:1 Civics. Maybe they're meant for the older ones.

Edited by Monty

>>>>>>> AND, I've got a Revell Acura Integra, 5-lug similar-style wheels BUT they're approximately 19" wheels. Wheels in Civic kits will be similar diameter.

>>>>>>> The Pegasus wheels are about 22" if used on a 1/25 model.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BIG DIFFERENCE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• 2 weeks later...

Actually HRE wheels. 18x10" F, 18x12" R. The Porsche Wheels would probably work out well at the expense of a Tamiya kit. Lots of info about this car all over the web. I had never seen it before OP's post.

You're right about the Porsche wheels working then. Looks like about the right sidewall height and rim offset too.