Model Cars Magazine Forum

White and yellow Diamond Reo

After working on this for the past 6 months, it’s finished. This is my first AMT truck and I learned that test fitting is very important.

The most challenging part of this build was the mirrors. I chose to use the ones from the Revell Pete snap kit. Also used from the

snap kit were the clearance lights and horns. The visor is from Auslowe.

IMG_1508_zps910fcff5-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1510_zps2421678d-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1512_zps13e7f232-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1514_zps49fbd56d-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1520_zps018e35b5-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Tesla

VERY nice!

The Diamond Reo is actually the best fitting of the AMT kits- the Road Boss is another story, though that one isn't quite the nightmare others make it out to be. I don't blame you for substituting the mirrors- that's one really sore spot with pretty much all the old AMT truck kits.

VERY nice!

The Diamond Reo is actually the best fitting of the AMT kits- the Road Boss is another story, though that one isn't quite the nightmare others make it out to be. I don't blame you for substituting the mirrors- that's one really sore spot with pretty much all the old AMT truck kits.

Thanks...I really enjoyed building this. But those mirrors - that's another story :lol:

Wow!! Dennis I love everything about this truck. The colors are perfect, the door decals are awesome, theres nothing overdone, its simple in a classic way. Great job man!! Now hook it up to that Rogers!! Excellent work

Thanks Terry. The look I wanted was a truck that "paid it's dues" and received a minor restoration but can still pinch hit when the need arises...

I'm working on a 40 ft. Fruehauf for it...will post pics when finished and with the Rogers :)

Edited by Tesla