Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum ads

sjordan2

I didn't & don't see ads. Furthermore, I have Mozilla Firefox in maybe the latest version. I have no idea how to check and as long as everything is working, I have no plan to change - or try to change. This is Gregg's puppy and he can whatever he wants. I've lost when this forum goes down and don't want to see it happen again.

Hey dudes and dudettes, this is the age of constant and intrusive marketing, and it's what makes the world go around (especially America, because we are rapidly becoming a country that doesn't generate revenue by actually MAKING anything). :(

Revenue in this country is mostly being generated by us selling each other services and entertainment, selling each other stuff that's actually made somewhere else, and screwing each other out of as much money for as little in return as possible. This is the simple truth, once you strip away the BS. :(

So get used to having more and more IN YOUR FACE marketing, everywhere you go. Soon, it will be beamed to you in your sleep, tattooed on the insides of babies' eyelids at birth, and encoded in your DNA. :(

Just get over it. It seems to be what the majority want. :huh:

:lol: :lol:

Hey dudes and dudettes, this is the age of constant and intrusive marketing, and it's what makes the world go around (especially America, because we are rapidly becoming a country that doesn't generate revenue by actually MAKING anything). :(

Revenue in this country is mostly being generated by us selling each other services and entertainment, selling each other stuff that's actually made somewhere else, and screwing each other out of as much money for as little in return as possible. This is the simple truth, once you strip away the BS. :(

So get used to having more and more IN YOUR FACE marketing, everywhere you go. Soon, it will be beamed to you in your sleep, tattooed on the insides of babies' eyelids at birth, and encoded in your DNA. :(

Just get over it. It seems to be what the majority want. :huh:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, advertising is just part of business...as are ad blockers. I'm sure I'll eventually be walking along wearing Google Glass getting ads popping up in my line of sight, but there will be ways around them... :)

that other site doesn't have ads.

What "other " site are you talking about? If it's Scale Auto, they have PLENTY on the home page borders, plus pop-up ads that have to be closed before you can see the page. Look quickly, before this gets deleted.

Picture12_zpsed422bc7.png

I can't show the ads I got earlier . . . but trust me, it's great to know all those killer-good looking amply endowed babes :wub: just can't wait to hear from me! All I have to do is dial up their 900 number! They're waiting . . .

:)

I can't show the ads I got earlier . . . but trust me, it's great to know all those killer-good looking amply endowed babes :wub: just can't wait to hear from me! All I have to do is dial up their 900 number! They're waiting . . .

:)

I thought the internet killed off 900 lines, guess not :lol:

What "other " site are you talking about? If it's Scale Auto, they have PLENTY on the home page borders, plus pop-up ads that have to be closed before you can see the page. Look quickly, before this gets deleted.

I also commented on such (elsewhere) . . . but I didn't use a screenshot ~ I just described the plethora of pop-ups and ads and banners and sidebars and product-pimping stuff you have to endure over there.

Edited by Danno

Picture12_zpsed422bc7.png

I said that to stir the pot.Boy did it work.

I mentioned a few times that if the ads must be here, then so be it.

In the future I will reframe from these types of comments .The problem with keyboards is you cant type tone or sarcasm.

Edited by mistermodel

Okay. Now this thread is about the pop-up ads. I just have to share this one.

The ads rotate. I don't know if everyone sees the same ad at the same time, but in another thread ("What Did You Get Today?") a member posted that he got an ear ache today from a grandchild screaming in his ear.

When I clicked on that thread, immediately below his post was a pop-up ad for an audiologist's free hearing test promotion. :lol::D:lol::D:P

Funny as those dressed-up made-up donkeys with big noses and feet! You just can't make this carp up!!!!

Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this? It shows up under the signature lines and has anything from baby diapers to motor oil in them.

I was just wondering because it gets very annoying,seeing advertising in places it shouldn't be.

Maybe Dave can fix it. bigtim

My big question is... if the admin people pin all their topics about the forum in General, why do member questions and observations about the forum get booted into Off Topic? Maybe the "How to Use" this board section should be expanded to "Forum Rules and Discussions."

I moved this topic from Off-Topic in to General Discussion, as it's a topic about the forum, and Gen. Disc. seemed like a more appropriate place. We used to have a pinned "Forum Issues/Problems" topic started by Dave Ambrose, our resident tech guru, in Gen. Disc. which would've been a perfect place to post questions about the pop-up ads. Unfortunately, that topic was gone once the forum came back online a few weeks ago.

I can't answer why it was moved back to Off-Topic, nor by whom. ^_^