Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flaming pink '32 roadster

Ace-Garageguy

This isn't really finished-finished, as it's missing engine wiring and some other detail parts, but it DOES live in a clear plastic box on the shelf, and is probably as "finished" as it's going to get in this lifetime, so I hope it qualifies for Under Glass.

It's something I threw together from an early issue AMT '32 Ford gluebomb and some other stuff lying around. I started to strip the chipped, pink-painted and flamed body, and then decided it could make a passable patinaed survivor barn-find, getting a new lease on life. Blown Chrysler Hemi.

It was just a quick, fun build to have something else "done" on the shelf, but it was a lot of fun. I hope it makes you smile.

DSCN4044.jpg

DSCN4052.jpg

DSCN4051.jpg

DSCN4045.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I will join the finish club. It has a great look and the right stance already. I really kind of like the finish on the body as is. Go for it!!! Oh, and the oil pan would not stand a chance on a 1:1 but, you could raise the engine a little with taller motor mounts, just an idea I thought I would throw in.

Okay, finish it all the way I will.

A 1:1 mod on these old Hemis is to raise the deep part of the sump (and the pickup) and lower the ends....split the difference, so to speak. It raises the oil level closer to the crank, but a windage tray pretty well sorts the whole thing out. Better than raising a 700+ pound engine higher in the chassis. Still gotta be careful, but it's not immediate disaster like the deal here would be.

Other than polishing the metalizer on the hood and putting glass in the windshield, headlights, and adding rear lights, the body will stay as-is.