Model Cars Magazine Forum

The ultimate model car inspiration and reference scrapbook

Before the internet, gathering solid reference material on cars was tough. So, all through the 90s, I kept a scrapbook of everything cool and interesting I ever found in model car magazines.

Just discovered it hidden in a box, so I scanned it, and I have a hires PDF (83 MB, via Dropbox link) for anyone who would like to have a copy. Just send a message or comment in this thread.

There's tons of awesome ideas, cool models, great reference and good times. Enjoy.

model_car_scrapbook_001_002_600px.jpg

model_car_scrapbook_003_004_600px.jpg

model_car_scrapbook_005_006_600px.jpg

model_car_scrapbook_007_008_600px.jpg

model_car_scrapbook_009_010_600px.jpg

model_car_scrapbook_011_012_600px.jpg

Hello everyone

Wow, this is awesome to see so many people interested in this! I was about to trash my scrapbook, but then I was like: "Nah, I really need to share this with the modelling community!" It's a shame I never thought to properly credit everyone's fine work back then, and I've forgotten the names of a lot of the amazing builders. There's tons of great stuff from Jairus, Juha, and many, many more.

I've sent download links to everyone who's responded so far; please do let me know if the links aren't working. I'll find a way to get your PDFs to you. Thanks!

You have one of my builds……… :o

I'm flattered! Thank you! Mine is the Black Chrysler Atlantic convertible in the first picture in the second post. And when ever I see it, I laugh thinking about how it came THIS CLOSE to being stepped on a few times.

Thanks again. You really made me feel good. :)

You have one of my builds……… :o

I'm flattered! Thank you! Mine is the Black Chrysler Atlantic convertible in the first picture in the second post. And when ever I see it, I laugh thinking about how it came THIS CLOSE to being stepped on a few times.

Thanks again. You really made me feel good. :)

Wow, John, your Atlantic is sick amazing! Dude, you're like a living legend! I'd love to see more of it!

I loved working with Lindberg's Atlantic too, though I found the plastic for it (and their Crown Vic) just a wee bit more rubbery and elastic to work with than typical styrene. Did you find the same?

Here's what I did with my Atlantic: used the nose and scratchbuilt everything else to make a funky woody!

scorpius_1200px.jpg

I hope I've gotten caught up with everyone's request for the PDF. If I've forgotten you or the link doesn't work, just hit me up and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your support!