Model Cars Magazine Forum

Proud MAMAs Boy

afx

Been posting for a few months-just kinda jumped in so I thought I would backtrack and introduce myself. I have been modeling since I was about 12. I cut my modeling teeth on Tom Daniels kits. Now I build racecars from the 60’s & 70’s almost exclusively. My main focus is sport cars from that era. However I also build NASCAR (nothing newer than mid 80’s) & open wheelers (F1 & Indy). I am a proud member of the Maryland Automotive Modelers Association. We refer to ourselves as MAMA’s Boyz thus the title of my post. My current project is a Porsche 914/6 GT which you can find “On The Workbench”. Here are a couple pictures of my most recent builds. There are more photos in “Gallery” on my profile page if you would care to see more.

DSC08360-viDSCN1465.JPG

DSCN1750DSCN1762

Edited by afx

Welcome JC. I love the red Cobra, and your 914/6 is coming along great!

Sorta wish I was a MAMA's boy :lol:

Glenn, The red Cobra is a replica of CSX 2026. The Cobra that delivered the first race win to Shelby and the only race win for the 260 cid engine.

IMG_9476-vi.jpg

Edited by afx

Thx for the info on that Cobra JC, and the invite. Where did you get those wires? And as for the invite to MAMA, thx! Seeing that I live on the left coast might be tough :lol: I aspire to someday take a year off from "life" and hit all the shows and clubs. That would be an experience!

Edited by Draggon

Thx for the info on that Cobra JC, and the invite. Where did you get those wires? And as for the invite to MAMA, thx! Seeing that I live on the left coast might be tough :lol: I aspire to someday take a year off from "life" and hit all the shows and clubs. That would be an experience!

Glenn. wheels, tires & windscreen came from Historic Racing MIniatures. We have honorary members all over the country. Our club puts out a nice newsletter that often includes kit reviews. The newletter is available in PDF format on the website. You should check it out.

Greetings , great cars

Laz

Thanks Laz.

Edited by afx