Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

Tyrone.... Just beautiful. Man it sure looks like all you have left is the paint. This has been exciting to watch. I am sure the time off from work was nice but probably will feel good to get back to work too. You have me wondering what you are planning for your next build already lol.

Thanks fellas for the kind words... I really appreciate it.... If I have inspired someone in any way to build these type of builds.... or to be inspired by what I do means a whole lot.... I love these pro mod... door slammer type builds... I think there is alot of great talented builders on here that I have learned from by watching their techniques also....

A small update... I got the harness done and installed the seat in the car.. I made a drive shaft tunnel from aluminum soda can.. I got the steering wheel and cord installed, and I added bracing to the wheelie bars... more to come... hopefully I'll get some paint on here this weekend...

001-1-6.jpg

005-4-6.jpg

007-3-7.jpg

008-3-9.jpg

Tyrone!

That is looking so good! You have totally inspired me to attempt a couple of these builds! Your photobucket site has been a fantastic inspiration!!!

I, like you, LOVE door slammers, the faster the better. My builds may not be 100% accurate but I sure am having fun learning and building something out of the ordinary!

Can't wait to see the '55 painted!

Your builds have inspired me so BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH much.

My family and I buy storage units at auctions and we sell the stuff. Because of your detail I go through everything in them so find stuff to add detail to my builds. Like the other day I found a industrial writing pack that has wires wrapped oin multi colored insulation. I thought of your build and it reminded me of your wiring.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words fellas... I'm glad that my work has inspired some of you.. that means alot... I finally got the first coats of paint on here... I went with chrome yellow... I'll lay on 2 more light coats tomorrow after wet sanding, then I'll mist in the light fade of orange... thanks for looking and comments welcome....

040.jpg

042.jpg

047.jpg

049.jpg

037.jpg

Thanks alot fellas... I really appreciate it... Well I got the orange misted on... I think it turned out o.k. I'm gonna let it dry for the rest of the night and then I'll get the purple on next... thanks for looking and comments welcome....

003-1-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-4-6.jpg

007-3-8.jpg

009-4-6.jpg