Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller 1/24 Matra formula race cars

Rossa156

This has been a long, long time project. During 1965 through 1969 Matra Sports turned out some of the finest formula cars ever made. Heller, made the Matra MS5 F2 car...

scan0004Copy-vi.jpg

that was the first one I made back in the mid-80s, but then I built another into the MS9, the prototype F1...

scan0004CopyCopy-vi.jpg

then I began a Matra MS10 F1 from my first Matra...

DSCF3989-vi.jpg

as this one was being built I worked on the other Matra the MS11 F1...

DSCF6639-vi.jpg

In between this I built a MS5 F2 again...

DSCF8422-vi.jpg

I was lucky enough to get another Matra, so a favorite project was done, a Matra MS7 F2 car (yes, its's a biplane)...

DSCF7006-vi.jpg

I thought that was it, but a friend gave me another one and then I saw a F3 driven by an Italian named "GEKI" and it was red!

DSCF7069-vi.jpg

I think I did every car possible from that wonderful Heller kit.

Rossa156

Edited by Rossa156

Nice builds Patrick, where is your MS670B, with engine of course!!!

Saw them run over here at the Phillip Island Classic historics last year. When one of my mates, who is not into V12 sports cars heard it coming down the straight he said "what the f#*$!!!" Had to buy Fishers as soon as I got home!!!!

Dave

My thanks for all the kind words. Dave, I understand only the Honda F1 could out scream the Matra, oh and of course, the 640 is a closed wheel car. I seem to have a love affair with formula cars.

Patrick

Edited by Rossa156

• 2 months later...

This past weekend the SoCal NNL was held and there were some pretty awesome builds there. I was honored with an award for my Matra MS11 F1 from the Indy Car Modelers Forum. I went and showed all my Heller formula car builds designed and engineered by Phlippe de Lesplany...one Lotus, two McLarens, a brace of Brabhams and Matra family. Again my thanks for the kind words.

Patrick

aka Rossa156