Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Jimmy's '65 Chevelle 2 door station wagon is terrific. Whoever did the master did it right. The casting is just about as thin as a typical styrene body shell, and the details seem correct to me. There's the typical flash, but it's easily removed in a few minutes. (and it comes w/ an interior bucket, too). Highly recommended!

His '50 Olds fastback is quite well done w/ only a few gripes - mainly how the Chevy fastback body was mated to the Revell Olds body @ the B pillars. There is a kinda rough texture to the top surface of the resin body, however, and the entire body will need some tedious sanding in order to achieve a good paint finish. It's fixable w/ some work, and at his asking price, it's still a good buy.

I've also had a couple of his earlier subjects - a chopped/Carson topped '49-'52 Chevy body shell w/ both the hood & skirts molded to the body. It's very thick and lacks crisp details. I also have his '50ish chopped Buick? fastback slammer body. It's also very thick, and it'll take a lot of work to make it into something decent, although someone @ the NNL Southern Nats a few years ago made one into an awesome looking roadster. His '27 Model T track roadster body, hood & track nose is too thick, but workable, and will build up into a good lakes-style or street rod type model. I'm quite disappointed w/ the chopped '37 Ford pick up cab, however, as the windshield area is not correct, and the detail - overall - is either too soft, or completely lacking. It'll take more work to correct than it would for me to just chop the Revell cab that I have.

Question: has anyone purchased (and built) his '58 Chevy sedan delivery? I want to convert one into a phantom Nomad 2 door station wagon using both Revell's and AMT's '58 Impala kits as donors.

One more I can't recommend is a restyled, chopped, sectioned and slammed '50s Buick. It looks cool at first glance, but the restyle leaves no room for actual tires under the rear bodywork, and the symmetry is nonexistent (if that sort of thing bothers you...some people don't care).

The Chopperhead?

If so, yeah it's rough... but you can still attempt something cool with it. :rolleyes:

IMG_44471-vi.jpg

IMG_57721-vi.jpg

Guess that I'll get ahold of Jimmy and order his '58 Chevy s/d body. I might also get his new chopped '50 Olds coupe while I'm at it. Just what I need: 2 more projects!

Hope that Jimmy can make it to the NNL Southern Nats in the Atlanta area this November. It's a terrific show and swap meet. . .

• 2 months later...